TX Presents SX Installer v2.0.0 - Now with Firmware Upgrade/Downgrade Support

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Essasetic

Essasetic Neutral

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    They've (argubly) already lost. Deja Vu dropped for 4.1.0 a month or so ago. Which gives ipatched switches their first taste of CFW. 5.0.0 - 6.1.0 are planned to be released soon but no ETA iirc.

ScrPotato likes this.
  2. Smellysocks84

Smellysocks84 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2018
    Norway
    Yeah, i have read about that. But thay claimed to be on the path to a solution. Deja vu on 1,0 to 4. 1 is more a bypass in my mind. Not a solution.

3. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    So does this now allow for XCI and NSP Installs?

4. ScrPotato

ScrPotato GBAtemp Regular

Aug 3, 2019
    United States
    in your closet
    TX said they have an entrypoint but take it with salt.

5. Essasetic

Essasetic Neutral

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I say argubly because they can drop a solution at any point on 5.0.0 or higher before Deja Vu becomes compatible. However, due to the lack of evidence that progress is being made. I find that doubtful.

6. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    1. Patched systems on 4.1.0 are currently hackable using Deja Vu, as long as the Switch has never connected to the internet.
    2. Patched systems on 5.0.0-7.0.1 might be hackable someday in the distant future, as long as the Switch has never connected to the internet.
    3. Patched systems on 8.0.0 and higher probably won't ever be hackable.
    It is recommended that you get an unpatched system if your patched system isn't on 4.1.0.

I think you meant to say "after 7.0.1."

It's highly unlikely they have anything that hasn't already been publicly released.

7. Essasetic

Essasetic Neutral

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    It's after 7.0.1 actually (sorry if that comes off as obnoxious).

Lacius likes this.
  8. ScrPotato

Aug 3, 2019
    United States
    in your closet
    Yeah, thats why i said take it with salt.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Edited.

Essasetic likes this.
  9. bodefuceta
    This message by bodefuceta has been removed from public view by Joe88, Aug 9, 2019, Reason: Off topic bickering.
    Aug 9, 2019
  10. ScrPotato
    This message by ScrPotato has been removed from public view by Joe88, Aug 9, 2019, Reason: Off topic bickering.
    Aug 9, 2019
  11. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Crap. I have 2 Switches, 1 Unpatched, and the other I Purchased at a Electronics Store. Did not know about not connecting it to the Internet. Was on 5.1.0 I think. Had a exFAT MicroSD and it said it needed to Connect in order to use it.

12. ScrPotato

Aug 3, 2019
    United States
    in your closet
    You don't really need the Deja Vu exploit if you have a unPatched switch since its more easier and never patchable. And I recommend you to reformat the SD to Fat32.

13. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If you connect a Switch on a low system version to the internet (without blocking Nintendo's servers with 90DNS, PegaScape, or Incognito), then you are likely to get the browser supernag. There is no way to remove the supernag on a patched system without restoring an old NAND backup from before the supernag using a hardmod. With the browser supernag, it's physically impossible to use the browser on a patched system without updating.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The implication is the 5.1.0 Switch is patched.

If the 5.1.0 Switch that connected to the internet is unpatched, then one can use fusee gelee. If a browser exploit is released for 5.1.0, but there's a browser supernag, the nag can be removed using fusee gelee.

Last edited by Lacius, Aug 9, 2019
  14. Idontknowwhattoputhere

Idontknowwhattoputhere Thank you for calling tech support this is mike

Jan 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Thought about making your own portal for the deja vu exploit hmm?

15. ScrPotato

Aug 3, 2019
    United States
    in your closet
    I need to say this

16. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Well right now, my Patched 8.1.0 is just collecting Dust.

But for my 8.1.0 (0.9.2 AMS), I am trying to find a Tutorial on how to keep my AMS, but also have SX OS.

17. garyopa
    OP

garyopa Admin @ MaxConsole

Apr 25, 2009
    Canada
    Tropical Island
    Ok, not present in the main 'news posting' is how you can easy enable the 'firmware install' features, by default its turned off, but here is how as 'advanced user' you can direct enable it if you so wish:

Start up your SX Installer v2.0.0 app
    Scroll down to 'file browser' on left-hand menu.
    Press A to enter.
    Press X to add 'NEW' location.
    Select HTTPS under Protocol (A, then stick down few times, then A again)
    On same screen under HOST enter 'repo.xecuter.rocks' (A, enter text, OK)
    Finally press 'X' to SAVE your new location.
    Once save, quit your SX Installer app.
    Restart your SX Installer app

That's it! :) You should now see 'system updates' if your Switch is running on older firmware than current released Nintendo firmware, from this new menu item you can go and upgrade your firmware.

If you wish to downgrade, scroll down to 'file browser', open the new location you added 'repo.xecuter.rocks' and from there you can copy an older install firmware package to your sdcard or open it direct (not recommended as its slower).

See the attached screenshots for more info.

FW1.

FW2.

FW3.

BATMAN-, jaysea and ScrPotato like this.
  18. Fred Molyneux

Fred Molyneux Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2014
    Canada
    I asked them a few days ago and they still confirm it was coming 'soon' :)
    But they always delivered, i am sure it is coming. JUst there is a difference between the free solutions releasing alpha buggy software instantly because they have no responsibility and a paid solution which a) have to be sure they don't have hundreds of refunds requests and b) as it seems this will be hardware, production, which even if you have a working product, can take months. Maybe they have this working for months just are in the process of mass production. I remember in the original days, correct me if i am wrong, TX was very quiet, then atmo team announced the first early switch hack, not doing much (not running games etc.) and then TX announced within hour their solution, and they were first with a working solution playing games, months before the others.
    Maybe they had this ready for 6 months before Atmo, but they were just quiet. We never know what they do, or where they stand, unless they are pushed by the free solutions. And since the free solutions right now kind of clearly said they have no universal solution for patched units for all firmwares,i think we will know nothing until they decide to talk. Let's hope it is 'SOON' lol.

19. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Soon, huh? There was another Group who always said that..........for the 3DS, I believe......

20. Essasetic

Essasetic Neutral

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    They could possibly be waiting for Markio to drop then release the exploit. But who knows?

21. ScrPotato

Aug 3, 2019
    United States
    in your closet
    Take it with a side of salt, they only claimed not proved. Boot-rom exploit was found by fail0verflow not reswitched. Hope i didn't sound like a butt

22. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I don't think you're allowed to post that address here.

Same group different name.

Smoker1 and ScrPotato like this.