TX Presents SX Dumper v2.0.4 - Now With 'Install Cartridge' Options

Team WAIN continues to improve their SX Dumper app, adding more features users have requested!
SD204-1.jpg

Team WAIN is back, and their latest update allows you to now directly 'install cartridges', and even 'mount xci' images, check it out below:
SX Dumper Changelog v2.0.4
  • added ability to install cartridge or loaded .xci file.
  • added ability to mount xci when found.
Running into problems, or need help, then please join us on our TX official discord channel!
SD204-2.jpg

That's all for today, but please stay tuned for more exciting news! :)

—< Team-Xecuter – Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >—

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
I dont get this "added ability to mount xci when found.".. isnt that by default on sxos ?

it saves you steps, instead of mounting the xci you want first in sx os rommenu and then going into sx dumper, you can easy pick what xci you want directly from app, this saves button presses and time, as you can browse all your installed games and xci images from within sx dumper now, and just mount the one you want and even select 'install' which basically converts the xci on the fly to your sdcard or nand as installed game, saving you the need to use other apps, or utilities.

and now with install cartridge, even more time saving, borrow the latest game from a friend, or buy one (like you should), now you can just insert the cartridge and pick 'install', it basically dumps, installs all in one-step, no need to dump it into xci, and then mount the xci, great for people that sadly like having nsp way of gaming on their switch with everything on homescreen and not wanting to mess around with xci images, etc.

there is alot more to come over the next few weeks with this app, so stay tuned as the developers work on adding in more features, etc.

D

Deleted User

Hopefully TX can get the chance to add a way to increase the Emunand size on the SD card. I prefer games to be installed to "emu"NAND over SD. It's just to avoid potential corruption

Reactions: KlariNoX

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully TX can get the chance to add a way to increase the Emunand size on the SD card. I prefer games to be installed to "emu"NAND over SD. It's just to avoid potential corruption
I still like more .XCI, but that would be great, at least doom update which was 8GB wouldnt install in the mSD it always fail (using SX OS album installer, I never use the SX installer or tinfoil or whatever...), I could only install into the emunand and if a lot of games in the future start going like this with 8GB+ updates that only allow to install to emunand, the 32GB = Kaput very fast...

It was cool if it allow us to chose any custom size we wanted for the emunand from 32GB to whatever...

Last edited by guily6669,
D

Deleted User

I still like more .XCI, but that would be great, at least doom update which was 8GB wouldnt install in the mSD it always fail (using SX OS album installer, I never use the SX installer or tinfoil or whatever...), I could only install into the emunand and if a lot of games in the future start going like this with 8GB+ updates that only allow to install to emunand, the 32GB = Kaput very fast...

It was cool if it allow us to chose any custom size we wanted for the emunand from 32GB to whatever...
I would love to see a 900GB Nand with a 1TB sd card on emunand

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Deleted User

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That install cartridge feature would be useful to have in Tinfoil and SX Installer. Seems more fitting for those.

Don't use the album installer, it's known to corrupt installs sometimes. Use http://tinfoil.io - it's what SX Installer is based off (they just reskinned it), but more up to date.

D

Deleted User

That install cartridge feature would be useful to have in Tinfoil and SX Installer. Seems more fitting for those.

Don't use the album installer, it's known to corrupt installs sometimes. Use http://tinfoil.io - it's what SX Installer is based off (they just reskinned it), but more up to date.
Tinfoil can already install XCI games as NSP just gotta dump the game first from the cartridge of course. In a way this feature can be useful to cut time

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it saves you steps, instead of mounting the xci you want first in sx os rommenu and then going into sx dumper, you can easy pick what xci you want directly from app, this saves button presses and time, as you can browse all your installed games and xci images from within sx dumper now, and just mount the one you want and even select 'install' which basically converts the xci on the fly to your sdcard or nand as installed game, saving you the need to use other apps, or utilities.

and now with install cartridge, even more time saving, borrow the latest game from a friend, or buy one (like you should), now you can just insert the cartridge and pick 'install', it basically dumps, installs all in one-step, no need to dump it into xci, and then mount the xci, great for people that sadly like having nsp way of gaming on their switch with everything on homescreen and not wanting to mess around with xci images, etc.

there is alot more to come over the next few weeks with this app, so stay tuned as the developers work on adding in more features, etc.

the ability to directly mount an XCI is something I have been asking about for months, as well as contacted the TX facebook page on info on how to do it - but never any reply.

Having the app make an index of all XCI titles so you can then select the XCI and mount it, without the entire HDD being scanned each time (and timing out if you have a lot of XCI files) would be a godsend.

As would being able to bookmark favourite XCIs so you can go to them even quicker than having to list through a large number of titles.

So I'm hoping to see something like that in the next SX Installer or SX Dumper please.

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@garyopa we need a way to go online with a emunand clean without any cfw feature to stay on sysnand so low as we can...
plz add a option to launch a emunand no cfw no mods clean ofw

ah and cool would be when have it before mariomaker...

thanks forward

Last edited by loler55,
D

Deleted User

@garyopa we need a way to go online with a emunand clean without any cfw feature to stay on sysnand so low as we can...
plz add a option to launch a emunand no cfw no mods clean ofw

ah and cool would be when have it before mariomaker...

thanks forward
The whole point of Emunand is to keep Sysnand clean from homebrew. Why would this be needed? Hopefully you know if you get banned on Emunand, your Sysnand is banned as well

Edit: you can already load emunand without CFW. Just hold the volume button when injecting the payload, load OFW like you would on Sysnand and you're set to play Emunand to keep your Sysnand on a low firm because reasons we dont know why you cant use choidujournx to update without burning fuse

Last edited by ,
Reactions: loler55 and SonyUSA

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gahhh! Finally! I've been wanting a way to just install my carts directly to my emunand for tinkering. Just as I was wondering why this wasn't a thing BOOM! It's a thing :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: