TX announces testing phase for SX CORE and SX LITE mods

300 pre-production units are going out to testers that apply to Team-Xecuter with their modding skills!

Thanks for all the applications, as of today all pre-production samples have been assigned to qualified testers & reviewers!

SXLOGOS.png

People have been waiting for a while for news from Team-Xecuter, and today they hit us with double-whammy, announcing the name of their upcoming modchips, and at the same time putting out an request for 300 solid modders with skills to help fine-tine their pre-production units that will be going to those that have already applied.
We are looking for 200 to 300 testers who are willing to commit time to really test in depth the product and report back to us eventual bugs, issues, or way to improve it before mass production starts.

Please contact us if you have the skills and time for it. Obviously, you need to know how to open an console and make basic solder points – nothing really challenging here as far a the installation itself. But a bit more to bring us that feedback and find the hidden bugs the common mortal wouldn't.

Please no need to write if:
  • You don't have time to really test this in depth.
  • You don't have the required skills.
  • If you were in touch with us before and we know you just want free stuff, we know who you are, we manufacturers all know each other, don't bother trying.
  • You can't fix your console if there is a little issue. Again, experienced users. We are not going to send you a new console if you drop your soldering iron on the wrong place of your console.
We already have quite a few names from the past, we will confirm when you email us. But as this product is pretty advanced, we would welcome a little more help. All *NEW* application must come with references from known trusted scene members. If you don't, sorry, we will just ignore your request.

Again this is for ALL Switch. Regular unpatched Switch, Patched, Mariko and Switch Lite. But obviously we are not interested in people with regular unpatched Switch (grab a SX Pro FFS!)
Thanks for all the applications, as of today all pre-production samples have been assigned to qualified testers & reviewers!

So it seems, during the Chinese New Year break, TX was not sleeping, they been working hard, and both the SX CORE and SX LITE is getting ready for the mass public, but in the meantime get to work and apply to TX today showing them your skills and references and you could be one of the lucky first 300 users out there with full bragging rights to show off to the world they have a working modded 'Patched' or 'Mariko' or 'Lite' Switch Console! -- Don't forgot to also check out their recently launched Official TX Support Chat Server :)

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by garyopa,
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Why aren't they interested in people with unpatched consoles if this is for QA? They say not to contact them if you just want free stuff but wouldn't having a unpatched console make you less likely to just be after free things since you already have access to cfw? I'd be willing to do this but I have no trustworthy people as references and I only have access unpatched consoles. Eh.

Reactions: JonJaded

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why aren't they interested in people with unpatched consoles if this is for QA? They say not to contact them if you just want free stuff but wouldn't having a unpatched console make you less likely to just be after free things since you already have access to cfw? I'd be willing to do this but I have no trustworthy people as references and I only have access unpatched consoles. Eh.
Because if you're on it just to get it for free (the only possibility), but also you have an unpatched console, it's most likely you're on it just to resell it and that will not only hurt their sales later but it will also not provide then any type of feedback.

Reactions: CompSciOrBust
D

Deleted User

If you want in, just go ahead and complete the form and send the email. The worst you can get is a "no". It's worth a shot.

Reactions: CompSciOrBust

rrocha

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Why aren't they interested in people with unpatched consoles if this is for QA?

Because although this chip is supposed to run on all versions (including unpatched) they want to focus and nail the hardware for patched, mariko and lite versions. If they have a bug-free hardware for these, all switches are covered. If in the end, they also support unpatched, it's a bonus. Yes, they always said it will also work on unpatched. But I'm also pretty sure that if in the end they need to drop some support, ditching the unpatched ones is the quick way out.

Just my 2 cents.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
If you want in, just go ahead and complete the form and send the email. The worst you can get is a "no". It's worth a shot.
Nah I don't want to waste their time if they are only interested in unpatched units. I was just curious as to why that is the case. If they say they don't have enough testers and they'll allow patched users to test the product I'll apply but doing it knowing I'll get rejected just wastes their time.

Because if you're on it just to get it for free (the only possibility), but also you have an unpatched console, it's most likely you're on it just to resell it and that will not only hurt their sales later but it will also not provide then any type of feedback.
True but someone who has a patched unit and is well known in the scene / has good references likely already has a unpatched unit so they're just as likely to flip it. Imo all this does it limit how many people they'll get singing up. Which I guess could be what they want so they don't have the entire scene trying to get free chips.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Nah I don't want to waste their time if they are only interested in unpatched units. I was just curious as to why that is the case. If they say they don't have enough testers and they'll allow patched users to test the product I'll apply but doing it knowing I'll get rejected just wastes their time.

True but someone who has a patched unit and is well known in the scene / has good references likely already has a unpatched unit so they're just as likely to flip it. Imo all this does it limit how many people they'll get singing up. Which I guess could be what they want so they don't have the entire scene trying to get free chips.

Because although this chip is supposed to run on all versions (including unpatched) they want to focus and nail the hardware for patched, mariko and lite versions. If they have a bug-free hardware for these, all switches are covered. If in the end, they also support unpatched, it's a bonus. Yes, they always said it will also work on unpatched. But I'm also pretty sure that if in the end they need to drop some support, ditching the unpatched ones is the quick way out.

Just my 2 cents.

That makes sense but if the hardware is exactly the same as patched units bar the ipatches (which is just software it won't make a difference) then I don't see why it should matter. If that's case why not say to only apply if you have a mariko soc?

Edit: I don't know what happened with this comment. rrocha replied after I posted my other comment but before I refreshed the page so I tried to edit it in and now it's two messages?

Last edited by CompSciOrBust,

Horaldo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
What difference would an open source implementation make? i mean you will still be paying someone for the hardware right ? so why not pay the original creators so that it can go towards R&D into new products or consoles? Aren't the cloners at the end the ones getting away with daylight robbery ?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
What difference would an open source implementation make? i mean you will still be paying someone for the hardware right ? so why not pay the original creators so that it can go towards R&D into new products or consoles? Aren't the cloners at the end the ones getting away with daylight robbery ?
Welcome to piracy, even the piracy tools get pirated. It's been like that since forever.
What it means that competition happens... better prices for all. Also freedom to pick and select what you wish.

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

SX stealing from people = bad

People stealing from SX = good

I dont agree with it but thats the mindset of a lot of people who post on this site

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent +1