TX announces testing phase for SX CORE and SX LITE mods

300 pre-production units are going out to testers that apply to Team-Xecuter with their modding skills!

Thanks for all the applications, as of today all pre-production samples have been assigned to qualified testers & reviewers!

SXLOGOS.png

People have been waiting for a while for news from Team-Xecuter, and today they hit us with double-whammy, announcing the name of their upcoming modchips, and at the same time putting out an request for 300 solid modders with skills to help fine-tine their pre-production units that will be going to those that have already applied.
We are looking for 200 to 300 testers who are willing to commit time to really test in depth the product and report back to us eventual bugs, issues, or way to improve it before mass production starts.

Please contact us if you have the skills and time for it. Obviously, you need to know how to open an console and make basic solder points – nothing really challenging here as far a the installation itself. But a bit more to bring us that feedback and find the hidden bugs the common mortal wouldn't.

Please no need to write if:
  • You don't have time to really test this in depth.
  • You don't have the required skills.
  • If you were in touch with us before and we know you just want free stuff, we know who you are, we manufacturers all know each other, don't bother trying.
  • You can't fix your console if there is a little issue. Again, experienced users. We are not going to send you a new console if you drop your soldering iron on the wrong place of your console.
We already have quite a few names from the past, we will confirm when you email us. But as this product is pretty advanced, we would welcome a little more help. All *NEW* application must come with references from known trusted scene members. If you don't, sorry, we will just ignore your request.

Again this is for ALL Switch. Regular unpatched Switch, Patched, Mariko and Switch Lite. But obviously we are not interested in people with regular unpatched Switch (grab a SX Pro FFS!)
Thanks for all the applications, as of today all pre-production samples have been assigned to qualified testers & reviewers!

So it seems, during the Chinese New Year break, TX was not sleeping, they been working hard, and both the SX CORE and SX LITE is getting ready for the mass public, but in the meantime get to work and apply to TX today showing them your skills and references and you could be one of the lucky first 300 users out there with full bragging rights to show off to the world they have a working modded 'Patched' or 'Mariko' or 'Lite' Switch Console! -- Don't forgot to also check out their recently launched Official TX Support Chat Server :)

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Last edited by garyopa,

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because although this chip is supposed to run on all versions (including unpatched) they want to focus and nail the hardware for patched, mariko and lite versions. If they have a bug-free hardware for these, all switches are covered. If in the end, they also support unpatched, it's a bonus. Yes, they always said it will also work on unpatched. But I'm also pretty sure that if in the end they need to drop some support, ditching the unpatched ones is the quick way out.

Just my 2 cents.
Only difference between unpatched and patched consoles is like two bootrom CPU instructions and some data stored in fuses, it really shouldn’t matter.
And allowing unpatched systems would actually give them the benefit of being able to have people test it on reeeeally old boards ;)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
"Grab a Corona and a SX LITE or SX CORE Pre-Production Unit!"

Yeah uhh... I think I'll pass.
In AVGN's voice: What were they thinking??

But seriously, that's in super bad taste. Nothing against the product, but it's not funny, some people are still worried about getting free Corona with their online order...

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

But seriously, that's in super bad taste. Nothing against the product, but it's not funny, some people are still worried about getting free Corona with their online order...
Well Im waiting for some AliExpress products to arrive , I don't think that China government Will allow that if it's not secure that it can't be contagious trough packages , let's not over react

Reactions: Subtle Demise

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to piracy, even the piracy tools get pirated. It's been like that since forever.
What it means that competition happens... better prices for all. Also freedom to pick and select what you wish.

double standards ? so when others rip off TX it's competition but when TX steal code they are hated :unsure:

Metalik

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

WHO had told people numerous times that this virus only lives for like 2 days max outside of the body. So even if someone infected spits on your box, it'll be nasty but completely safe by the time it arrives

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: matias3ds

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I would love my friend to use this modchip, but he's too scared of modding his switch because mine got banned, even though if it was because I modded it before the first ban wave, meaning that I got banned when there was literally no protection against bans :[
Any ideas to convince him?

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm assuming sarcasm(and for others), but just in case Corona is a brand of Mexican beer... possibly an unfortunately named brand now... a pretty godawful brand at that...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corona_(beer)

Again this is for ALL Switch. Regular unpatched Switch, Patched, Mariko and Switch Lite. But obviously we are not interested in people with regular unpatched Switch (grab a SX Pro FFS!)
To the guy whinging about regular unpatched, yeah, why bother with a modchip? Plus since it's already hackable, from TX POV again WTF bother with those? That's not their TRUE target, and at the end of the day it doesn't matter if it doesn't work on those, although I seriously doubt that that will be the case.

Time to go buy a Mariko now... (I already have a used unpatched, probably needs a new battery which I haven't bothered to do, but newer mfg node -> lower power, better battery life, more OCing(maybe), plus it'd be NEW... but I'm going to wait and see how this goes, and what sort of installation method they use... soldered, I'm going to order mariko + installed modchip from a reseller... kind of regretting ponying up for the ice giant pro siphon now... and 3950x...

Last edited by cutterjohn,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Who are "known trusted scene members" in this case, are they referring to the people developing CFW and homebrew for the Switch? Or scene release groups? It seems like a bit of an arbitrary way to weed out those who are just after free stuff, or the ones who don't have the skill level since knowing a homebrew developer or someone in a scene group doesn't necessarily mean you know your stuff and there are probably many that know their stuff that don't have the right contacts and TX will just ignore them.

But I understand that they have to take some measures to avoid people like that since if you don't know what you're doing you could end up breaking your console, and they need people that will actually be helpful in beta testing, and homebrew developers are likely to know a few people that have helped in beta testing their software that might be of help, so it does make some sense.

To anyone that is considering emailing them, the restrictions they listed in the bullet points are there for a reason, if you don't meet all those requirements, you're probably not the right person for the job. And also, especially important is the part about having the required skills. If you've never worked on something this small, you might not realize how easy it is to break something and ruin your Switch.
WHO had told people numerous times that this virus only lives for like 2 days max outside of the body. So even if someone infected spits on your box, it'll be nasty but completely safe by the time it arrives
They didn't sound 100% sure though, so I dunno. Can't help but worry a little even though it's probably fine.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: DeoNaught

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
double standards ? so when others rip off TX it's competition but when TX steal code they are hated :unsure:
Stealing from pirates = Chaotic good
Stealing from hobbiest and earning money of it = Chaotic evil

People only have issues with it, is because they steal stuff, claim it as their own and sell it. See the difference? :P

Metalik

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
They didn't sound 100% sure though, so I dunno. Can't help but worry a little even though it's probably fine.
Millions of people are buying stuff from AliExpress and there have been 0 cases of someone getting the virus through post.

Anyways, on the point of this thread. I'm excited. Say what you want about TX, but they are a capable team that isn't just "reskinning Atmosphere". This news is great and it feels like the right time to pickup a Switch Lite

Reactions: nachodorito

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I am definitely interested in seeing how difficult it is to install one. They say it's easy, but I've seen the inside of Switches, and everything is so small and cramped that if you don't have a steady hand, you can far too easily mess it up. And anyone interested in ordering one should definitely hold off until some pictures of the actual install process are posted.

I'm assuming sarcasm(and for others), but just in case Corona is a brand of Mexican beer... possibly an unfortunately named brand now... a pretty godawful brand at that...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corona_(beer)

To the guy whinging about regular unpatched, yeah, why bother with a modchip? Plus since it's already hackable, from TX POV again WTF bother with those? That's not their TRUE target, and at the end of the day it doesn't matter if it doesn't work on those, although I seriously doubt that that will be the case.

Time to go buy a Mariko now... (I already have a used unpatched, probably needs a new battery which I haven't bothered to do, but newer mfg node -> lower power, better battery life, more OCing(maybe), plus it'd be NEW... but I'm going to wait and see how this goes, and what sort of installation method they use... soldered, I'm going to order mariko + installed modchip from a reseller... kind of regretting ponying up for the ice giant pro siphon now... and 3950x...
They said in the post "Not that Corona we love to abuse on Saturday's night, but this unfortunate virus that is actually blocking a big part of China beside also being a human drama." so they definitely weren't referring to the beer, it just comes off as a poorly thought out joke, especially at this time.
Millions of people are buying stuff from AliExpress and there have been 0 cases of someone getting the virus through post.

Anyways, on the point of this thread. I'm excited. Say what you want about TX, but they are a capable team that isn't just "reskinning Atmosphere". This news is great and it feels like the right time to pickup a Switch Lite
I know, but still, it's in super bad taste to make a joke like that at a time like this.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They said in the post "Not that Corona we love to abuse on Saturday's night, but this unfortunate virus that is actually blocking a big part of China beside also being a human drama." so they definitely weren't referring to the beer, it just comes off as a poorly thought out joke, especially at this time.

I know, but still, it's in super bad taste to make a joke like that at a time like this.
Just going by the quote in the OP HERE. Zero mention of corona, so I was stumped, but... only saw the two posts on page 2 mentioning corona...

OK had to go to maxconsole or wherever and then the link to the TX site for the original? Nothing wrong with their corona mention there IMO... it's truth. Sort of like Kia and Hyundai plants shutting down because of it(or more specifically lack of parts sourced in China... that's what single sourcing gets ya, andf limited on hand supplies...))

Oh yeh, WHO wants to rename it covid19 now...

Last edited by cutterjohn,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end