TX Announces SX OS v2.2 BETA with Docked USB Drive Support

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Oct 16, 2018.

1. nWo

nWo The Game Master

Oct 20, 2016
    Mexico
    I don't mind the limit being 2tb, it's good. I just want to be able to install NSP there, in the hard drive, and have some homebrew updated with hdd support. Nonetheless this is awesome.

2. Mr. Wizard

Mr. Wizard Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    E8 lattice
    microsd? Non sequitur, your facts are uncoordinated...

3. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    i think he made a typo
    he probably means microusb

4. 210modz

210modz GBAtemp Fan

Aug 11, 2017
    United States
    nope, deleting the ticket did nothing. I guess xci builder doesn't work with every nsp.

5. Mr. Wizard

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    E8 lattice
    Last edited by Mr. Wizard, Oct 23, 2018
    WiiuGold likes this.
  6. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
  7. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    Seagate Expansion 1.5TB.

Bumblecito likes this.
  8. senas8

senas8 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 3, 2011
    United States
    Can’t one just partition a 6Tb or whatever into 2TB each? So even tho you can’t have one 6TB u can have 2TB 3 different partitions. A=2TB
    B=2TB
    C=2TB

Last edited by senas8, Oct 23, 2018
  9. nyder

nyder GBAtemp Fan

Mar 6, 2014
    United States
    You could do that, but you'd have to plug it into your computer to make which partition you want to use primary. Then plug it back into the switch to see the files on that partition.

10. Mr. Wizard

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    E8 lattice
    I can read just fine, that's how I know both of you are commenting on something you know nothing about. The fact it has micro-usb is irrelevant. It also has type-A which will work fine on the dock.

So what was the whole point of your unintelligible, unnecessary and down right trollish response?

From my experience, only the first partition is visible, the rest are locked, hidden and inaccessible.

11. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    you know
    maybe if it had a usb c you could plug it in the switch directly

you know...

12. Mr. Wizard

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    E8 lattice
    The title of this thread is "TX Announces SX OS v2.2 BETA with Docked USB Drive Support".

Now who's the one who can't read? He was asking if it would work in the dock.

That's what I know.

Communication Terminated... No interest in feeding trolls.

13. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

Apr 27, 2018
    United States
    Except he didn't you ignoramus
    He meant plugging directly into the switch you arse

14. Mr. Wizard

Mar 20, 2015
    Canada
    E8 lattice
    Well I guess that's all how you interpret "port" but in your case then just get one with the type-c.

https://www.sandisk.com/home/mobile-device-storage/ultra-dual-drive-usb-type-c

And too bad you live across the border, weed was just legalized here, looks like you could use a toke.

See that? I helped everyone with useful information so now all bases are covered instead of degrading myself with immature responses that help nobody. You should try it sometime.

15. nyder

nyder GBAtemp Fan

Mar 6, 2014
    United States
    I use Windows 7. Windows will only see the first partition that is set as primary. You can have as many set as primary as you want, but Windows (and the Switch) will only see the first one set that way. But it does not matter where the partition is. I made 3 partitions, had no problem putting in different files in each partition and verifying that I had that partition on the Switch.

Now I use MiniTool Parition Wizzard Free to do this and it takes a few minutes to set the stuff down, but it works just fine.

Please note: In the normal windows file explorer, you'll never see the logical or non first primary partitions. You have to use a program like the MiniTool. Windows 7 Admin tools do not work for this.

16. man_of_power05

man_of_power05 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2012
    United States
    my usb flash drive doesn't work. i format it to exfat and the switch doesn't read it no matter what. the indicator flashes like its going to read it but then it turns off. i wonder what i'm doing wrong.

17. matias3ds

matias3ds GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 25, 2017
    Argentina
    I tested my Hdd today it worked fine with just one cable but when I run Mario odyssey it start to have lag on the video could that be because the hdd needs a Y cable ??

18. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    Are you on dock or handheld mode? Use the usb 3.0 port on dock mode.OTG USB 3.0 or USB B to C cable to connect HDD on handheld mode.

19. matias3ds

matias3ds GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 25, 2017
    Argentina
    Always on dock mode , i dodnt know that ir had a 3.0 port the switch , the cable i used is the one that it came with my hdd 3.0 , Is the usb 3.0 port the one on the back ? because ive been using the ones on the side part .

20. viper3344

viper3344 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2011
    United States
    So what is the scan priority for this?

Lets say I boot my SX OS from an internal MicroSD with a few XCI's on it. I then, without rebooting, want to plug in my USBC to microSD adaptor on the go (bottom switch port). Will the album menu load the XCI's on the external SD card instead? Combine them with whats on the internal? Just a little confused how that works./

What would be the safest way to swap SD cards then? (Not the internal of course) Just make sure a game is exited and hot swap the sd cards on the adapter?

Thanks!!

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted