1. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    i have a problem. i had SXOS 2.1 Beta now i have 2.2 beta. everytime i go to settings my switch crashes. do someone else have this prob? i only have it with the betas. 2.0.1 doesnt crash in settings.

2. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Wooooooow lol

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Do you have custom theme?

3. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    i had but removed it because sxos didnt load it still crash

4. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Remove any folders you might have in sxos/titles

5. Clutchman

Clutchman Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Using the 1TB HDD that was in my PS4 Pro originally with a USB Y cable has been working flawlessly. Great work. Useful for bigger games like NBA 2K and Wolfenstein.

WiiuGold likes this.
  6. digipimp75

digipimp75 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Having problems using a WD My Passport Ultra 2TB drive. It's formatted to exFat, all XCIs are in root, and I'm using a Y cable. The led light just blinks continuously and no games ever show up. Dumb question, but are there any SX OS files that need to be on the root?

EDIT: Just tried a 1tb hdd that was pulled from a PS4, and it worked. Although, the light continues to blink even after the scanning is done and the games show up in the menu. It sucks that my 2tb drive won't work, but I guess it is what it is.

Last edited by digipimp75, Oct 18, 2018
  7. LucioSoliz

LucioSoliz Newbie
    Newcomer

Chile
    Thanks a lot xoxoxoxo

nyder likes this.
  8. scroeffie

scroeffie GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    its possible there is somekind of software hidden on the external hdd that makes sx os not see the games or somekind of hybernate mode sleepmode etc i had this problem with a brand new external hdd with x360

something i wanted to add its also a problem when the hdd spinsdown sometimes it wont wake up !! i had this problem with ps3 but there was a program i could have the hdd never spindown or go in sleepmode hybernate etc

Last edited by scroeffie, Oct 18, 2018
    digipimp75 likes this.
  9. nWo

nWo The Game Master

Mexico
    Maybe a noob question but, someone who is well versed in this area, could it be possible to install NSP`s to the HDD in a near future? Or is it just impossible?

10. 210modz

210modz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    currently, we don't know.

11. digipimp75

digipimp75 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I figured it out. The partition was showing up as logical. I couldn't convert to primary through EASEUS partition tool, so I just reformatted the drive to exFAT and verified that the sole partition was primary. Added a couple of small XCIs to test, and all is well now. Thx for your tips though!

Last edited by digipimp75, Oct 18, 2018
    210modz likes this.
  12. Vantis

Vantis Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I sure hope so. Will be a huge pain to convert all of them

nWo likes this.
  13. bundat

bundat ¿

Antarctica
    I'm not exactly well-versed, but back before 2.2, I already thought it was realistic to expect HDD loading of XCIs from TX in a future update. Because the code to emulate a game cartridge is already there, and the code to read the XCI from the SD card is pure TX code. So all they needed to do was adapt their OWN code to read the XCI from another source instead (USB).

On the other hand, installing to HDD is a different beast altogether. Installing games to SD card or to NAND is a HORIZON feature. It's Nintendo's code. They'll have to rewrite or adapt it to allow a THIRD installation target (USB). Or otherwise redirect all requests for one of the two sources to USB (the same way they redirect all gamecart read requests to their gamecart simulator code... so that any real carts that are inserted can't be used).

And even then, the code that reads what games are installed in either NAND or SD card (i.e. that determines if your game has a "cloud icon" i.e. not installed, or not) is Horizon code. It sounds like a huge undertaking to rewrite all of the places where Horizon reads/checks any currently installed games.

I think it'd be easier if they implemented a HDD based emunand, which can be larger than sysnand (i.e. terabytes), and then you can "install games to NAND".

Just my 2 cents

Last edited by bundat, Oct 18, 2018
    SuzieJoeBob and thaikhoa like this.
  14. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    anything is possible when it comes to programming. Most technology today was deemed impossible if you go back in time far enough.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

considering that they don't even have an sd based emunand that seems just as big as an undertaking as installing to hdd.

15. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    On the contrary, my friend! Nintendo learned from the Wii U and didn't want a new "brazilian method" to pop up for the Switch. To no avail, it seems now.

16. grabman
    This message by grabman has been removed from public view by x65943, Oct 18, 2018, Reason: self promotion.
    Oct 18, 2018
  17. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    I couldn't care less on whether or not they want the Switch to be more secure.

18. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

United States
    i feel like repacking all my nsps into xcis since they dont need tickets

19. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Just a week ago, it seems everyone wanted to convert xcis to nsps. What happened? (rhetorical question... don't answer)

20. jakkal

jakkal GBAtemp Addict

United States
    dont answer?
    are we a hive mind or something?

21. Miles54321

Miles54321 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sounds great for those who love sx os, garyopa bringing us great news this gen!

I am still waiting for Reinx for Nintendo Switch, my stuff comes in mail soon, can't wait

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Announces, Support, Docked