TX Announces SX OS v2.1 with 'Cheat Engine & Finder'

Plus TX announces a new STABLE v2.0.1 'bugfix' Release!
SXOS21.jpg

Recently, Team-Xecuter has been getting alot of 'hate' over their many SX OS 'releases', some of which were well 'not so perfect' as such, moving forward the team has decided to be like Microsoft to have two branches of SX OS, one a 'stable' release and another for those that love to play around with latest & greatest even if it means 'some issues and headaches' to deal with, so check out below their official announcement and you will notice right away that their 'BETA' branch of SX OS v2.1 contains a game 'cheat engine & finder' system, one of most requested features, of course remember this is currently only in the 'BETA', for those that just want to enjoy their games without problems they also released a 'stable' v2.0.1 release, with thanks to all those that were kind of enough to report feedback from their earlier v2.0 release over the last couple of weeks. :)

We received a lot of feedback after the release of SX OS v2.0.

Today, we are back with *two* new versions of SX OS. Huh? Two new versions? Yes, you read that right.

As of today, we will be distributing two versions of SX OS. One is the "stable" release which has been extensively stress-tested and the other is the optional "beta" version of SX OS which comes with new functionality that needs to go through a thorough acceptation phase before it will be rebranded as the current stable version.

We got a lot of feedback from people who didn't like us bumping the version number of SX OS so often for small fixes, and they are right. 99% of our end-users should not be bothered with small (but important) fixes but would rather enjoy a properly vetted build of SX OS.

With the introduction of the beta channel we hope to address this and introduce new exciting functionality sooner rather than later.

— What's new in SX OS 2.0.1?
  • Stability improvements
  • Introduction of optional beta updates available through OTA updater
— What's new in SX OS v2.1 BETA?

SX OS v2.1 beta introduces our brand new cheat engine and cheat finder. Many people requested a way to cheat in games or aid in finding cheats for games, so it has been high up on the priority list for a while. We're curious to hear your feedback about this initial version of our game cheat addition to SX OS.

As of now we don't have a big library of game cheats available yet, but we hope the community will come up with some cool ones that they will share publicly. Finding cheats and making (reliable) cheat codes for Switch games can be a laborious task and is in certain aspects a bit more involved than finding cheats for, say, a classic gameboy game!

For that reason we have written a small reference guide [HERE] for the aspiring cheat hackers out there detailing the format of our cheat codes, caveats that need to be accounted for, and small tips to bring you up to speed.

— Closing words

Go update your SX OS to v2.0.1 now by downloading the latest version from our website or using the online updater in SX OS itself. If you're feeling adventurous, give the v2.1 beta a shot, which is also available to you through the online updater in SX OS.

That's it for today. Enjoy!

--< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--
Enjoy! -- And remember your 'valued user feedback' for those that are switching over to BETA to cheat away in their games, will be greatly welcome so that the team can improve this new feature with more to come! :)

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I wish they had more detailed changelogs, like:
- fixed autoRCM installer
- fixed support for FW versions 3.x and below
- fixed non-working games in SX OS 2.0 like Doom, XC2, The Messenger (did they fix it? I'm not actually playing these games right now to test)
- the current status of LayeredFS in both 2.0.1 and 2.1beta (is it disabled again? working/fixed now?)

Just so we don't have to discover what they fixed and what they didn't through deduction of posts here.

... although I guess that involves admitting they messed up a lot of things in 2.0, which they might not want to admit publicly.

0000ff

Spase Peepole
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- fixed non-working games in SX OS 2.0 like Doom, XC2, The Messenger (did they fix it? I'm not actually playing these games right now to test)
- the current status of LayeredFS in both 2.0.1 and 2.1beta (is it disabled again? working/fixed now?)

Just so we don't have to discover what they fixed and what they didn't through deduction of posts here.

... although I guess that involves admitting they messed up a lot of things in 2.0, which they might not want to admit publicly.

Agreed that change log should be more detailed. Hopefully the details will come out in the thread.

I am happy that they are constantly releasing updates to address issues. Thanks TX!

Reactions: GeraltOfRivia

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im pretty sure one of the most requested features is USB support, but i assume Cheat Engine is simply easier to implement.?! :)

No doubt. Thing is SX is becoming more and redundant, especially with the latest NSP splitters and network transfers. Putting the effort in for USB support would have gone a long way to keeping people using SX.

(Note: not trying to cause drama and I use SXOS myself, just pointing out that they're at risk of being overtaken by free alternatives)

Reactions: GeraltOfRivia

xtrem3x

Trophies
XP
Country
No doubt. Thing is SX is becoming more and redundant, especially with the latest NSP splitters and network transfers. Putting the effort in for USB support would have gone a long way to keeping people using SX.

(Note: not trying to cause drama and I use SXOS myself, just pointing out that they're at risk of being overtaken by free alternatives)

It's a known fact they will be overtaken by free alternatives. They knew from the outset 80% of their income would be on release.

It's the same with all consoles that get a paid and free solution. The paid solution will be popular at the start and people will rely on it, but then as the free solutions becomes more streamlined and user friendly with the same (or more) functions nobody will buy the paid solution anymore.

TX knows they have a limited amount of time which is why they are probably going to push as many features as they can as fast as they can to get as many sales as possible before they are no longer required by the average Joe.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
No, the layeredfs is still there. Theme modification works.
Do you find on firmware 6.0 if you use the full 6.0 qlaunch theme packages, if you go into the news icon it sometimes shows a blank screen on game adverts and all you see is the new background theme and if you reset your switch the next time you turn it on you get an error screen. I get it but most have said they fully work? I was hoping this would be fixed but the theme problem for me is still the same I cannot seem to get the full 6.0 themes working properly which would be nice.

Last edited by Reecey,

Essasetic

General Spectator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly I'd laugh my ass off if Cheat Engine was just Edizon combined with Checkpoint. It wouldn't surprise me too.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Do you find on firmware 6.0 if you use the full 6.0 qlaunch theme packages, if you go into the news icon it sometimes shows a blank screen on game adverts and all you see is the new background theme and if you reset your switch the next time you turn it on you get an error screen. I get it but most have said they fully work? I was hoping thi would be fiuxed but the theme problem for me is still the same.

Theme and news works works on 6.0/2.1.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I know I'm asking have you tested a full 6.0 theme package, themes with news and setting backgrounds not just the main menu.

Yes I tested a full theme package on 6.0 with image background on all sections.

Attachments

• IMG_20181008_183621.jpg
    IMG_20181008_183621.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 545
  • IMG_20181008_183631.jpg
    IMG_20181008_183631.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 551

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So, is the emunand safe and doesn't get you banned or not? There are any reports from people that are using it?

I was expecting sd emunand in this update but at this point I think I'll just use the current one.

Reactions: aytug25

masamune19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

layered is working at least in 2.1

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I tested a full theme package on 6.0 with image background on all sections.
Have you tried to click on the new adverts like Super Mario Party and the new mario odyseey pictures event for me I get a blank background and when I turn off and back on again it will error out

DiscoDaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Anyone with more experience with hex editing want to give me a brief tutorial on how to edit dead cells with the new cheat function. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse