TX Announces SX OS v1.9 with more v6.0 support and 'Update SX OS' feature via Switch

Team-Xecuter is back again with yet another update to their SX OS. Check out the latest changes below with their new v1.9 update:

SX19.jpg

For one they have finally added one of the top requested items, 'Auto-Update', so you can now finally check for and directly update your 'boot.dat' (the SX OS core) right from the ease of your Switch console, no more ejecting the MicroSD and copying over the new file on your PC/MAC and at the same time they have also improved both the FTP and upcoming v6.0 support for when Nintendo finally does roll-out the new firmware. :)

While we're all still waiting for Nintendo to release the much anticipated 6.0 firmware officially, we decided to do another SX OS update with some useful and exciting fixes and changes.

Our v1.8 release had an issue for the early adopters of firmware 6.0 where the web applet would crash. This has now been resolved!

We also have some good news for the users of the builtin FTP server: stability and speed of the FTP functionality has been improved.

One request we've been getting a lot since the start of our continuous stream of SX OS updates is a method for updating SX OS from within SX OS itself; saving you the hassle of having to swap your microSD out and into the switch all the time whenever we bring something new to the table. Good news! This will be the last time that procedure is needed!

With SX OS v1.9 we introduce our brand new "Update SX OS" functionality. This can be invoked from the menu by selecting "Update SX OS" in the "OPTIONS" tab. This will perform an OTA (Over-The-Air) update using the WiFi connection configured on your switch. If any new updates are found you will be prompted to install them. Enjoy!

Thanks for your continued support and feedback. Have a wonderful day!

--< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--
To download the new SX OS, as usual you can find it on their official SX Family portal: --> sx.xecuter.com

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now that they have OTA updates, about the only thing left is being able to boot into SX OS without removing it from the dock. I also wouldn't mind emuNAND, but I can live without that for the time being.
Don't forget external harddrive support if it's ever even possible to begin with. That'd be perfection.

Dan-the-Rebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
They use up the subnumbers(x. 1,x.2,...) realy fast. Usually full numbers(2.0,3.0,..) mean big changes and new features. Wonder what we get with sx os 2.0...
*sarcasm on* maybe a cool modular patch feature *sarcasm off*

PS. I still love my sx pro

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Auto update is the best. Don’t forget to enable STEALH MODE, so you can use the auto update feature from SX pro, but at the same time prevent Nintendo from updating your console.

Raymond7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I do not understand something. If you connect to the internet with SX OS to update SX OS, isn't the chance higher to get banned?

Reactions: weatMod

swasti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
what is the securest way to update the sx-os over wifi?
till now i have blocked my switch in my wlan - so it cant access the internet (security).

but if i allow my switch now, dosnt it connect to big n and send information and i got banned?

thanks for the updates!

swasti

BionicGecko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
what is the securest way to update the sx-os over wifi?
till now i have blocked my switch in my wlan - so it cant access the internet (security).

but if i allow my switch now, dosnt it connect to big n and send information and i got banned?

thanks for the updates!

swasti

Well normally if you use SX OS's "stealth mode", you don't need to block your switch in the router anymore - your switch will be able to connect normally to the internet, but all communications with Nintendo will be blocked and won't leave the switch.

Reactions: swasti

Lpckid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Better have a nsp firmware update for system are are xci rom to install firmware plus have nsp installer fix then I'll be happy to update plus we can wait a month are too till they fix this update just wait be safe sx did a good job so far thanks.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
-snip-
If TX releases emuNAND before Atmosphere, I shall not say anything bad about TX again
I come from the future: /s

Code:
SX OS v2.2: (September 6th, 11:57 GMT)
 x-> We introduce our brand new exclusive 'Emunand' support! A very first in the scene!

SX OS v8.7: (September 6th, 15:20 GMT)
 x-> Entering the Emunand menu no longer format your SD card.

SX OS v54.3: (November 4th, 10:23 GMT)
 x-> The Use Emunand option in the Emunand menu now works!

SX OS v58.2: (November 4th, 17:15 GMT)
 x-> We have fixed NAND data corruption while using the Emunand option.

SX OS v98.4 (December 11th, 18:30 GMT)
 x-> Complete 'Emunand' support

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
OP
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
I come from the future: /s

Code:
SX OS v2.2: (September 6th, 11:57 GMT)
 x-> We introduce our brand new exclusive 'Emunand' support! A very first in the scene!

SX OS v8.7: (September 6th, 15:20 GMT)
 x-> Entering the Emunand menu no longer format your SD card.

SX OS v54.3: (November 4th, 10:23 GMT)
 x-> The Use Emunand option in the Emunand menu now works!

SX OS v58.2: (November 4th, 17:15 GMT)
 x-> We have fixed NAND data corruption while using the Emunand option.

SX OS v98.4 (December 11th, 18:30 GMT)
 x-> Complete 'Emunand' support

people complaining about TX using up version numbers, when you already on v6.0 on your Switch firmware, in less than 2 years, not even PS4 is at 6.0 yet (well they are testing it, but hey its been out 4 years now)

and what features has nintendo added in all those firmware updates, I think 6.0 is finally one of worthwhile updates at least for those not banned, you have cloud saves, nes library, better multiplayer, etc. first time there been some major features added, at the rate nintendo is going with firmware updates you will be on v12 firmware by march.

jonxs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
people complaining about TX using up version numbers, when you already on v6.0 on your Switch firmware, in less than 2 years, not even PS4 is at 6.0 yet (well they are testing it, but hey its been out 4 years now)

and what features has nintendo added in all those firmware updates, I think 6.0 is finally one of worthwhile updates at least for those not banned, you have cloud saves, nes library, better multiplayer, etc. first time there been some major features added, at the rate nintendo is going with firmware updates you will be on v12 firmware by march.

@garyopa dont bite, fuck the haters. The only people complaining about SXOS version numbers are the one who arnt users anyway so its pointless.

Reactions: tbb043 and Erol

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
awesome! nice that there is an auto-update feature! Waited for this and finally its here. Looking forward to 2.0!

ChaosInJapan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Wow. Complaining about how they manage the number versions for their own product is a new low for the human race. Truly pathetic.

About the update: I can’t keep up! I think I’m still like at 1.5 or something. Let’s hope 2.0 brings a cheat engine or something.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I think I should make a Nintendo Switch version numbering joke next, but I am not sure what would I put in the logs other than "-> added support for new ports" or "-> metroid prime 4 still not here"... hmmm...

@garyopa dont bite, fuck the haters. The only people complaining about SXOS version numbers are the one who arnt users anyway so its pointless.
I'm not a hater, never was, never will be.
That's just a genius level joke. /s (YMMV)

Man, people nowadays are so sensible.

Wezaa

Trophies
XP
Country
I said in the 1.8 thread. I appreciate these update threads, or I wouldn't have a clue that there is a new update out.

I can not be arsed to frequent the mega threads for any of the CFW.
If a new update is released, it gets posted in those threads and then there is a shit load of comments.
I then have to piss about trying to find the post that actually announces and explains the new update.

I'd be perfectly happy with all the CFW having a new thread stating there has been an update.
If it's such a big issue for everyone to see multiple update posts, make a new sub forum called "Custom Firmware Announcments" and have all update threads posted in there?

sid6581

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does somebody tried if the ftp freezes as always ???

I'd try another client. While Filezilla loses the connection like every 5 minutes WinSCP has been always successful for me. However, more speed is certainly appreciated.

TX: 1.9

TX: 1.7.2

Seriously

Look, being a developer myself I know the urge to impose conventions upon others. But then again I'm using Chrome which is now at 68. And when was the last time you, as a end-consumer, saw anything changing in Chrome? So, if that's their version pattern so be it, there are other projects which don't follow the Major.Minor.Patch convention.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn