TX Announces support coming soon for unhackable Switch units

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    in the pirating world it's every man for himself and all people care about is who is going to DO IT 1ST. were all thieves here :creep:

veddermandan and achandab like this.
  2. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    No it's not, it's a persistent anti-TX message that's been prevalent from the start from a select group of people. It's not warning anyone of anything because there's nothing to warn about. Either they do release a working hack for patched Switches or they don't. What's to warn about? Does anyone really need to be told that they might not have something to release? How many people reading this have a patched Switch and are hanging on every word from TX? Even if it was hundreds (it's not) what does anyone lose from TX "PR" that doesn't deliver on something they never had? There is no "trap" and no one is getting "burned".

3. BloodRose

BloodRose GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2007
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    It's more likely a message aimed at resellers to assure them that TX will still have a product to sell in a few months from now.

w1nn1ng likes this.
  4. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Depends on what you mean by future proof. It would be a mistake to fix it so soon, as Nintendo can turn a fix round the next day.

They'd be operating as Nintendos security research department.

Instead we want the upgraded Mariko to be released with all the exploits.

Last edited by smf, Jul 30, 2018
  5. ssrpgvita
    This message by ssrpgvita has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 30, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jul 30, 2018
  6. smf
    This message by smf has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 30, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jul 30, 2018
  7. isoboy
    This message by isoboy has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jul 30, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jul 30, 2018
  8. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Addict

Aug 24, 2013
    United States
    DISCLAIMER

IN DUE TIME™ (not in any way affiliated with gateway registered ™ , SOON™)

[​IMG]

Last edited by weatMod, Aug 2, 2018
    Subtle Demise likes this.
  9. Deathscreton

Deathscreton GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 1, 2009
    United States
    The end point is always free games. Why bother with with a PAID solution (ie. SX XCI loader) when you can do NSPs with free solutions? That's literally what I'm not understanding here. Both options are available, one being free, the other being paid.

I mean, I guess I could understand if you bought SX before the free solutions released, but even after that, why continue to use the paid solution? There's literally no advantage.

inb4 "but muh consistent updates".

10. trOublie

trOublie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2007
    Brazil
    Basically because XCI loading "SEEMS" to be more secure than installing NSP's. And despite whatever people are saying (like "online play on modded console = ban") as if it were 100% true (it is not, I have one 3DS for years now and I do play online still today) there are still people who wants to try to prevent ban.

NeoSlyde likes this.
  11. V-Temp

V-Temp GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 20, 2017
    United States
    This isn't a 3DS.

And you can easily parse the ban hub to see that everyone is getting banned if they pirate. "I am not banned!" on Switch isn't really much of a statement, the next firmware update is likely going to fold in even more sniffing telemetry and make it even more difficult to dodge the reporting structure. This isn't really a gambit you're going to win if you want to remain unbanned.

Want to not get banned? Buy your games and enjoy homebrew.

Last edited by V-Temp, Jul 30, 2018
    Deathscreton likes this.
  12. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    I agree with everything you said apart from the last part where I feel you are being disingenuous implying that only using homebrew is somehow completely safe. It makes it seem like your only agenda is anti-piracy rather than educating about ban-risk.

13. V-Temp

V-Temp GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 20, 2017
    United States
    Reality is any homebrew/alteration is grounds for bans but so far its been almost entirely if not entirely contained to people pirating or using SX OS which is a piracy tool first and foremost. Maybe they'll eventually start banning for pure homebrew and we'll get wide spread reports and at that time I will "change my tune" but that time is not now. Feel free to @ me if/when that time comes.

Education about ban-risk is pretty much, otherwise without those details, equal to: "You will get banned."

There is also good reason for Nintendo to not ban for literally everything because that pushes homebrew users towards piracy. They have reason to differentiate between application purposes, and there's no reason for them to be 100% antagonistic to any hacked Switch so long as it isn't breaking rules.

Last edited by V-Temp, Jul 30, 2018
  14. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    Well, I guess that can be speculated on till the cows come home without any real discovery. But, I do recall some people claiming that they were banned when the only thing they used was the save editor. However, I'm not sure I completely trust most people's accounts of their own activity.

peteruk, veddermandan and V-Temp like this.
  15. V-Temp

V-Temp GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 20, 2017
    United States
    Pretty sure most (all?) of those reports were later identified to have done other stuff.

16. lincruste

lincruste GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2008
    Antarctica
    france
    Hahahaha it never gets old

17. aos10

aos10 ❤ Zelda ❤\(^o^)/

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    SX OS is not the main reason people buy it, it's because of thier jig and small usb dongle that better then opening the phone and put OTG cable to another usb just to inject the payload.

18. DeadlyFoez

DeadlyFoez XFlak Fanboy

GBAtemp Patron
    DeadlyFoez is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 12, 2009
    United States
    Rumor is going around that they will be releasing this new product September 31st. So just 2 months away.

Ricken likes this.
  19. parrotgeek1

parrotgeek1 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2012
    United States
    That doesn't exist...or are you joking?

20. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Rumour is the keyword

21. parrotgeek1

parrotgeek1 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2012
    United States
    September 31st :unsure:

22. V-Temp

V-Temp GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 20, 2017
    United States
    That's the joke.

Ricken likes this.
  23. KHEOPS

KHEOPS GBAtemp Fan

Aug 29, 2018
    France
    Xecuter? 2018-2002= 16 years old
    Okay, so they're a hell of a thief, since I've known their team since 2002.

Here they stole code apparently from xbox one
    https://team-xecuter.com/dosbox-running-on-xbox-one/

I could also tell you how they advanced, progressed the x360 scene, but I'm not pro xecuter, just the truth..

Last edited by KHEOPS, Aug 31, 2018
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted