TX Announces revolutionary update to SX OS v2.0 with 'EmuNAND' and more

Team-Xecuter has been quiet since v6.0.0 officially rolled out for the Nintendo Switch last week, but they are back with this time an amazing revolutionary update to their SX OS
SXOS20.jpg

And you may ask why is it 'revolutionary', well because for first time a CFW for the Switch contains 'EmuNAND', just like back in the days of the 3DS scene, so check out their official PR announcement below:
Hello friends! Team Xecuter is happy to bring you the official 2.0 release of your beloved SX OS.

A lot has happened since the initial release of SX OS a few months ago. This is far from a simple proof of concept custom firmware anymore. With this major update we bring some exciting new functionality to the table. We suggest you grab a beverage of your choice and read on to learn more!
  • EmuNAND
Lets start with the major new feature in 2.0: EmuNAND.

Those who have a background in the Nintendo 3DS hacking scene know what this is, but let's quickly elaborate for those of you who are new to the game:

The Switch uses a NAND Flash storage chip to store all of the system software, as well as your save games and other assets. With EmuNAND we create a shadow copy of this storage from which you can run SX OS. The benefits from doing this are that you keep your SX OS "world" separated from your original firmware. This also means you can keep your switch on an older firmware, while running the latest and greatest firmware inside of your EmuNAND. As we all know, older is better.. when it comes to defeating system security at least. And newer is better when it comes to enjoying the latest content! :)

Another upside of consolidating your SX OS usage from your original firmware usage is vastly reducing the risk of a network ban. You can run SX OS in EmuNAND, of course with our Stealth Mode enabled, and anything that is littered on the EmuNAND's filesystem is not visible to the switch in Original Firmware mode.

One thing to note is that SX OS EmuNAND works a bit differently compared to what some of you might think of as "traditional" EmuNAND where the entire NAND is copied to a separate partition on the MicroSD card. With SX OS EmuNAND your EmuNAND partition lives inside of your regular NAND. The primary reason for this is that occupying 32GB of a MicroSD card is a bit wasteful. The secondary reason is by utilizing the existing flash storage we can guarantee performance and reliability.

You can set up EmuNAND by booting into the SX OS boot menu (hold Volume + during boot) and going into the revamped "Options" menu. There you will find a section called EmuNAND which will guide you through the setup. By default SX OS will allocate 15GB for your EmuNAND partition. If you want to use a different size hit the "advanced" button before creating your EmuNAND.

SX OS will boot into EmuNAND by default if it finds a valid EmuNAND partition. If you don't want to boot into EmuNAND, there's a button in the SX OS Boot menu which will allow you to continue booting with EmuNAND disabled.
  • NAND Dumping, Restoring, GPT Repair
As mentioned in the previous section we have revamped our SX OS boot menu's option screen quite a bit. For the tinkerers and advanced users we introduced an easy method of dumping/restoring your NAND flash storage. Another neat addition for people who had an unhappy accident while playing with their NAND is the "GPT Repair" option. This will repair your NAND's partition table if you ever need to. Again, this functionality is for advanced users who know what they're doing only. Please be cautious when using this functionality.
  • LayeredFS working on 6.0
With our (early) support for 6.0 we introduced a regression where "LayeredFS" would no longer work. This has been corrected and you can now enjoy your game modifications/hacks again on the latest official firmware.
  • Homebrew NSP Compatibility
We got word that the community has started distributing homebrew titles as NSP files recently. These NSP files cut some corners in the way they are crafted, but we decided to introduce support to make them usable with SX OS anyway. So you can now enjoy your favorite homebrew titles that comes as installable NSP files and launch them directly from the home screen!
  • Closing Words
Whew, we're sorry for the wall of text. We tried to keep things as concise and easy to understand as possible. SX OS 2.0 is a big and important update, but certainly won't be the last. We know you're all waiting for even more functionality that is in high demand. Rest assured, we work as fast as we can to scrap these items off of the bucket list and bring them to you, the loyal end user, as fast as we can!

Enough chit-chat, you can update to SX OS 2.0 right *now* by using the built-in updater if you are running SX OS 1.9 or higher. Otherwise head to our website and grab a copy! Enjoy!

--< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--​

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
I only installed SXOS the other day and haven't put any home-brew etc on it yet, its just there. I also have no idea what firmware Im on for my switch (certainly not the most recent as I havent played it since March at the latest).

Put simply-is this good news? Haha

Sp1tFire92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
So basically: if i install 2.0 i can play with the original fw like my switch wouldnt be hacked, so online as long as i use bought games only and the emunand to start backup games/homebrews without risking a ban?

Reactions: RedHunter

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So basically: if i install 2.0 i can play with the original fw like my switch wouldnt be hacked, so online as long as i use bought games only and the emunand to start backup games/homebrews without risking a ban?
Yes
Well, this is pretty good news, 0 bans using this would mean if true, gonna keep on eye on it.

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So in short if I restore my NAND backup from before I used SXOS a couple months ago I should be good to go for clean SXOS setup through EMUnand right? What is the procedure for keeping my saves though...? also would any of the NSP games installed on my SD still show up or those needs to be re-installed?

wiiando

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no emunand public released yet?

Most of the stolen stuff in the past hasn't been released publicly, but in discord, not saying they haven't created this themselves, just no proof as of yet they have, not that they even need proof as TX don't care anyway, just wish it was open source so everyone could contribute to the overall switch hacking scene.

tiliarou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Until source is shared (which will never happen), we can't know whether or not they stole something "for sure".

Although we are sure they stole part of Atmo code for early emunand support (at the very least)...
Oh wait, it's actually not emunand, it's a reduced "NAND" within the actual "NAND", so it's quite different from 3DS one.

Last edited by tiliarou,
Reactions: ZoneBlaze

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hate these DIY furniture kits so bad