TX Announces revolutionary update to SX OS v2.0 with 'EmuNAND' and more

Team-Xecuter has been quiet since v6.0.0 officially rolled out for the Nintendo Switch last week, but they are back with this time an amazing revolutionary update to their SX OS
SXOS20.jpg

And you may ask why is it 'revolutionary', well because for first time a CFW for the Switch contains 'EmuNAND', just like back in the days of the 3DS scene, so check out their official PR announcement below:
Hello friends! Team Xecuter is happy to bring you the official 2.0 release of your beloved SX OS.

A lot has happened since the initial release of SX OS a few months ago. This is far from a simple proof of concept custom firmware anymore. With this major update we bring some exciting new functionality to the table. We suggest you grab a beverage of your choice and read on to learn more!
  • EmuNAND
Lets start with the major new feature in 2.0: EmuNAND.

Those who have a background in the Nintendo 3DS hacking scene know what this is, but let's quickly elaborate for those of you who are new to the game:

The Switch uses a NAND Flash storage chip to store all of the system software, as well as your save games and other assets. With EmuNAND we create a shadow copy of this storage from which you can run SX OS. The benefits from doing this are that you keep your SX OS "world" separated from your original firmware. This also means you can keep your switch on an older firmware, while running the latest and greatest firmware inside of your EmuNAND. As we all know, older is better.. when it comes to defeating system security at least. And newer is better when it comes to enjoying the latest content! :)

Another upside of consolidating your SX OS usage from your original firmware usage is vastly reducing the risk of a network ban. You can run SX OS in EmuNAND, of course with our Stealth Mode enabled, and anything that is littered on the EmuNAND's filesystem is not visible to the switch in Original Firmware mode.

One thing to note is that SX OS EmuNAND works a bit differently compared to what some of you might think of as "traditional" EmuNAND where the entire NAND is copied to a separate partition on the MicroSD card. With SX OS EmuNAND your EmuNAND partition lives inside of your regular NAND. The primary reason for this is that occupying 32GB of a MicroSD card is a bit wasteful. The secondary reason is by utilizing the existing flash storage we can guarantee performance and reliability.

You can set up EmuNAND by booting into the SX OS boot menu (hold Volume + during boot) and going into the revamped "Options" menu. There you will find a section called EmuNAND which will guide you through the setup. By default SX OS will allocate 15GB for your EmuNAND partition. If you want to use a different size hit the "advanced" button before creating your EmuNAND.

SX OS will boot into EmuNAND by default if it finds a valid EmuNAND partition. If you don't want to boot into EmuNAND, there's a button in the SX OS Boot menu which will allow you to continue booting with EmuNAND disabled.
  • NAND Dumping, Restoring, GPT Repair
As mentioned in the previous section we have revamped our SX OS boot menu's option screen quite a bit. For the tinkerers and advanced users we introduced an easy method of dumping/restoring your NAND flash storage. Another neat addition for people who had an unhappy accident while playing with their NAND is the "GPT Repair" option. This will repair your NAND's partition table if you ever need to. Again, this functionality is for advanced users who know what they're doing only. Please be cautious when using this functionality.
  • LayeredFS working on 6.0
With our (early) support for 6.0 we introduced a regression where "LayeredFS" would no longer work. This has been corrected and you can now enjoy your game modifications/hacks again on the latest official firmware.
  • Homebrew NSP Compatibility
We got word that the community has started distributing homebrew titles as NSP files recently. These NSP files cut some corners in the way they are crafted, but we decided to introduce support to make them usable with SX OS anyway. So you can now enjoy your favorite homebrew titles that comes as installable NSP files and launch them directly from the home screen!
  • Closing Words
Whew, we're sorry for the wall of text. We tried to keep things as concise and easy to understand as possible. SX OS 2.0 is a big and important update, but certainly won't be the last. We know you're all waiting for even more functionality that is in high demand. Rest assured, we work as fast as we can to scrap these items off of the bucket list and bring them to you, the loyal end user, as fast as we can!

Enough chit-chat, you can update to SX OS 2.0 right *now* by using the built-in updater if you are running SX OS 1.9 or higher. Otherwise head to our website and grab a copy! Enjoy!

--< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >--​

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not really, as soon as a working emuNand is released (wich is just a matter of ime) every "selfbanned" person can go online with their switch while you certainly cant anymore unless you get a second, unbanned switch.

yes but how long, most of the comments are of hate for TX, everyone is waiting and waiting, TX has done something and people are still not happy , yes i wont get on line again, same thing on my PS3 until a way was found and then i went back on line then banned then on line again , it's the game we play

Sp1tFire92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
yes but how long, most of the comments are of hate for TX, everyone is waiting and waiting, TX has done something and people are still not happy , yes i wont get on line again, same thing on my PS3 until a way was found and then i went back on line then banned then on line again , it's the game we play

i dont know, and this one may actually be working, idk. My point was just to counter your selfban argument. :P

Reactions: fixingmytoys

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
Okay, everyone accusing me of being a TX hater, let me explain something:
Kids use this. Kids who got their Switches for their birthday and googled "how to get free games on Switch no survery 2018" could possibly be harmed by this.
I've used SX ever since it released, but this... this is something you have to get angry at other people about and say people are "tx haters" for?
Dude. This is more than just free games. This is about those who don't want to lose something they paid money for all because of one simple mistake.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Excuse me if I’m asking a stupid question, but what’s the advantage of this EmuNAND?

If I have a Switch on 4.1 with an SXOS 6.0 EmuNAND, how is that different from a Switch that has been updated from 4.1 to 6.0 without burning fuses?

I imagine the EmuNAND is identical to your legit NAND, and so when Nintendo bans you, your legit NAND is banned too, right?

So either way you run a big risk going online, and you’re better off self banning.

Last edited by regnad,

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i dont know, and this one may actually be working, idk. My point was just to counter your selfban argument. :P
lol well it is self ban , but it dose not brother me, about the only thing i would play online would MK8 , cant stand spaltton looks to much like over the top kids game ( i do have it got it when it first came out , dont like the art style put me right off and looks like a rip off of Deblob )

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Yes, I should be happy that someone out there lost a 300$ device to this and was banned because of this.
did someone get banned already from using this lol?
no, be happy that tx is still supporting their product, and putting cool stuff in.
emunand is very useful, even if it's doesn't protect from a ban 100%. (but i wouldn't be surprised it is prevents all/most bans, at least until nintendo do something new)

Reactions: thorasgar

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
Excuse me if I’m asking a stupid question, but what’s the advantage of this EmuNAND?

If I have a Switch on 4.1 with an SXOS 6.0 EmuNAND, how is that different from a a Switch that has been updated from 4.1 to 6.0 without burning fuses?

I imagine the EmuNAND is identical to your legit NAND, and so when Nintendo bans you, your legit NAND is banned too, right?

So either way you run a big risk going online, and you’re better off self banning.
The best thing you'll get out of this is updates. You can update you "EmuNAND" and user newer games with it and stuff like that.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia

If I have a Switch on 4.1 with an SXOS 6.0 EmuNAND, how is that different from a Switch that has been updated from 4.1 to 6.0 without burning fuses?

Jump between firmwares at boot

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
did someone get banned already from using this lol?
no, be happy that tx is still supporting their product, and putting cool stuff in.
emunand is very useful, even if it's doesn't protect from a ban 100%. (but i wouldn't be surprised it is prevents all/most bans, at least until nintendo do something new)
I'm not the most angry about bans, I'm the most angry about bricks.
They're shitting on their customers.

lolboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
One final issue, is that if your Switch dies while their "EmuNAND" process is going (while it's resizing your nand partitions) it will brick you.

This is even the case with regular updates aswel. Beside that why would it die (except for bugs)?

Sp1tFire92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Okay, everyone accusing me of being a TX hater, let me explain something:
Kids use this. Kids who got their Switches for their birthday and googled "how to get free games on Switch no survery 2018" could possibly be harmed by this.
I've used SX ever since it released, but this... this is something you have to get angry at other people about and say people are "tx haters" for?
Dude. This is more than just free games. This is about those who don't want to lose something they paid money for all because of one simple mistake.

you are right. but it may be a good lifelesson for this kids (and some adults): dont mess with things if you dont understand them. is it ok by sx to do this? if you are right about it: no. Are they to blame if some kid does it whitout being informed: probably. Will they care? nope. Will i care? nope, inform yourself before doing something to your switch, especially if you can barely afford it. Sure, we cant expect little kids to know that, but they are smarter afterwards and since they google what you just said they would google they can still use a banned switch.

Reactions: s0nicfreak

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
This is even the case with regular updates aswel. Beside that why would it die (except for bugs)?
Because you have a very low amount of battery power...?
The process takes 20 minutes and displays red SX logos, you could definitely have your Switch die.
This wouldn't happen with actual EmuNAND.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup