?
  1. Yes, I don't care how broken it will be!

55 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. No, I don't want to use even more broken stuff

7 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Yes, but only in GBA mode, because I play DSi exclusives

5 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. No, because I only use DS and DSi mode

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. 70 voter(s)
  1. Sono

OP Sono cripple piss
    Developer

Hungary
    Gyro support is between rtcom and GBARunner2 ARM7, so TWiLightMenu++ shouldn't be able to influence it unless it touches TwlBg.cxi

Edit: I only realized the moment I posted this that forcing DS or DSi mode does affect GBARunner2's ability to detect rtcom. I remember having such problems when trying to force DSi mode on GBARunner2.

Last edited by Sono, Apr 20, 2021
  2. BETA215

BETA215 GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    Latest TWLM++/nds-bootstrap builds are working on making DSiWare support possible, some games are already running. So, I'll test with latest stable and see if something changes.

3. BETA215

BETA215 GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    I was totally wrong, the culprit here was rehid. Gyro doesn't works in rehid currently, so I guess it doesn't gets initialized in 3DS mode, and when booting to TWL mode it stays that way. I'll message the dev.

4. doppel222

doppel222 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    How to use the "Screen swap for DS mode"?
    I looked into this and I can't find the menu that enable this or any video tutorials.

5. BETA215

BETA215 GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    If running DS games in TWiLightMenu++ via nds-bootstrap, just press L+R+Up+X for a few seconds, and screens will swap. Depending on the game is how it'll work.

EDIT: Just to clarify, it isn't something Sono worked on, it was done on nds-bootstrap side. But I guess it's a good solution until Sono works on something like that.

Last edited by BETA215, Apr 20, 2021
    doppel222 and Sono like this.
  6. Sono

OP Sono cripple piss
    Developer

Hungary
    lol, I have no idea why I didn't add the screen swap patch yet to the menu, even though it already exists... I guess I'll do that soon

7. playsaves3

playsaves3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    im so hyped when your able to get the widescreen patch to be as crisp as the original 4:3 aspect ratio thats when this will truly invalidate the original size and way to play and give a major reason to own xl models good luck man

8. Sono

OP Sono cripple piss
    Developer

Hungary
    Without extra CPU processing power (which the old3DS doesn't have) and some clever filters (which don't exist?) it's not possible to get unfiltered resolution without just downscaling it to 1:1 pixel ratio. Sorry.

9. zosxavius

zosxavius Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I read on reddit that you had a GBA firm patch in the works? Still happening? The GPU scaling is honestly perfect. It was a revelation. Text looks much better. I think softer is the better approach. Bilinear filtering is probably best and I suspect that's what the GPU is doing. I know GBA games look best with bilinear enabled in retroarch. Certainly better than the stock approach. Would it be possible to patch in a way that injects also work? I don't see why not. It looks like open agb firm still has a little ways to go IMO but I don't see why this couldn't be applied there as well.

10. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    The current patcher can already do GPU scaling for GBA, just launch in GBA mode (hold Y? or B? while starting the program). It kind of works nicely with the widescreen option too, just a mild stretch to fill out the black bars, and the blur takes care of any artifacts.

The holy grail is still 800px wide mode though IMO. Perfect 3X horizontal integer scale that's razor sharp and zero artifacts. You can probably blur the vertical a good bunch with how sharp the horizontal will be.

11. zosxavius

zosxavius Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

Nope. Not from an inject at least. I tried open agb firm again and they seem to be doing something different with the scaling. Its pretty decent. Unfortunately I can't change the brightness and I'm pretty sure a bunch of games have saving issues so it's probably best to wait for it to mature. Looking back through the comments I see that Sonos doesn't have access to the GPU in AGB mode so that would be a road block. I still think VC injects are the best solution for most games though with a way to drop back to the home menu easily and also launch from home, agb firm is going to be the future. Seems like there's a payload launcher for the home screen now so I see it's possible to make this as seamless as VC GBA injects which close home anyway.

12. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Maybe its a feature that got removed recently but I have GPU scaling working on my GBA injects with a .cxi generated by sono's tool. It's the only way to make GBA widescreen not look super chunky because matrix scaling is broken on one of the axes.

There's also a nice forked build on open_agb_firm that increases the brightness range and improves save compatibility, makes it so I can actually play casually with it now! Check the last page or two of the thread for more.

zosxavius likes this.
  13. 3DSBest

3DSBest Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Sooo after installing this and enabling wide screen, are you supposed to ALSO apply widescreen cheats to supported games to make them render better or does it do that by itself? I can't exactly figure it out

14. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    TWiLight Menu++ does it by itself, otherwise, you'll need to enable the cheats manually.

15. Nicky P

Nicky P Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Is there any way to change the redshift settings that are used in Twilight Menu++ without repatching?

16. Sono

OP Sono cripple piss
    Developer

Hungary
    It would be possible to reconfigure it in DS mode, yes. Someone just needs to make it.
    I tried to do it, but I'm no DS developer, and I failed miserably.

Nicky P likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - TWPatcher, filters, patches