Homebrew TWPatcher - DS(i) mode screen filters and patches

• Thread starter Sono
  • Start date
  • Views 747,318
  • Replies 2,428
  • Likes 101

Are you interested in a complete replacement of TwlBg which includes all patches?

• Yes, I don't care how broken it will be!

Votes: 188 79.3%
  • No, I don't want to use even more broken stuff

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Yes, but only in GBA mode, because I play DSi exclusives

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • No, because I only use DS and DSi mode

Votes: 17 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

plug313

Trophies
XP
Country
is it possible that the Cia patcher doesn't work on my console? I've tried applying it multiple times but I don't see a difference

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
is it possible that the Cia patcher doesn't work on my console? I've tried applying it multiple times but I don't see a difference

Do you have patching enabled in Luma (hold select when powering on: third option: 'Enable loading external FIRMS and modules' should have (x) by it rather than ( ) )? It's possible the patch was created, but isn't having an effect because it's not being loaded by Luma.

plug313

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have patching enabled in Luma (hold select when powering on: third option: 'Enable loading external FIRMS and modules' should have (x) by it rather than ( ) )? It's possible the patch was created, but isn't having an effect because it's not being loaded by Luma.

I thought I had that enabled!! so weird. well I enabled it and it worked. thank you so much :lol::lol:

Reactions: RocketRobz and Sono

Elwyndas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I had that enabled!! so weird. well I enabled it and it worked. thank you so much :lol::lol:

I think the source of this trouble is this: When Luma is updated to a new version, it launches itself during startup, once, for the first time after the update, with a settings screen, where ALL options are unchecked. If you skip that screen, tons of homebrew stuff doesn't work properly. It's a problem. I know which options to check off, but I'm sure a lot of people just skip through it. I would say that line 2 (game patching) and 3 (show NAND) should be enabled by default. I also have line 1 enabled (external firms).

Reactions: plug313

ElderC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Last edited by ElderC,

NO_ob

Trophies
XP
Country
The patcher already includes the widescreen patch, and all patches have been tested across various system versions and old3DS/new3DS, and they all seem to work. The problem is that there is no GUI to change which mods you want to apply, and I'm bad at making GUIs. The awful weather changes don't help me either, hence the extreme delay on a trivial task.
Does the cia patcher do widescreen or only the filters?

Waygeek

Trophies
XP
Don't have a PC atm, but saw on the previous page I may be able to upres DS games without one, straight from my 3DS? I'm not interested in widescreen, just the upres, is it possible with just my 3DS?

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
One page over.

Are my queries possible?

Upscaling is NOT possible because that would require changing the DS "GPU" silicon itself. The resolution will always be 256x192.

If you mean the upscale filters (which do "magic" to make the upscaled image look more sharp than the original) then only the patcher cia can do that.

Reactions: RocketRobz

Gunxdam

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Thanks .
Correction . . . .

Select "Enable loading external FIRMs and modules" to check and archive.
You can enjoy 16:10 wide picture. . . .

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Need to use wide.bat with mkpatch_b.exe and exfs.bin (name the section0.bin to be effective)

Use [GodMode9] to dump the exefs.bin and TWL_FIRM,.

1. `SYSNAND CTRNAND >>>` title >>> 00040138` >>> x0000102` (where "x" represents "2" on New3DS, and "0" represents Old3DS) >>>> content` >>> (where " "yy" represents any number) >>> click "A" `000000yy.app`

2. "` NCCH image options ... >>> `Mount image to drive >>> A" input path

3. `exefs.bin` click >>> Copy to" 0: / gm9 / out "` " 4. Close the console and copy "exefs.bin" from "SD: // gm9 / out /" to your PC * Copy "exefs.bin" to the same folder as mkpatch_b.exe, wide.bat * Renamed "exefs.bin" to "section0.bin" * Click wide.bat to run and generate TwlBg.cxi

5 Copy the completed "TwlBg.cxi" to the folder (sysmodules) "SD: // luma // sysmodules // 6. Shut down and enter luma 3ds (on / off key + select) Select "Enable loading external FIRMs and modules" to check and archive. You can enjoy 16:10 wide picture. . . .

Just joined now, detailed tutorial cannot be sent

Picture does not come out

The coding on the right side of the screen is removed to achieve the stretching effect, and the picture quality is not optimized.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse