TWPatcher - DS(i) mode screen filters and patches

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Sono, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Nicota

Nicota Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2019
    Luxembourg
    Luxemburg
    ok ill try that

2. plug313

plug313 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2016
    is it possible that the Cia patcher doesn't work on my console? I've tried applying it multiple times but I don't see a difference

3. emcintosh

emcintosh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Do you have patching enabled in Luma (hold select when powering on: third option: 'Enable loading external FIRMS and modules' should have (x) by it rather than ( ) )? It's possible the patch was created, but isn't having an effect because it's not being loaded by Luma.

Robz8, Sono and plug313 like this.
  4. plug313

plug313 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2016
    I thought I had that enabled!! so weird. well I enabled it and it worked. thank you so much :lol::lol:

Robz8 and Sono like this.
  5. Elwyndas

Elwyndas GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2018
    United States
    I think the source of this trouble is this: When Luma is updated to a new version, it launches itself during startup, once, for the first time after the update, with a settings screen, where ALL options are unchecked. If you skip that screen, tons of homebrew stuff doesn't work properly. It's a problem. I know which options to check off, but I'm sure a lot of people just skip through it. I would say that line 2 (game patching) and 3 (show NAND) should be enabled by default. I also have line 1 enabled (external firms).

plug313 likes this.
  6. ElderC

ElderC Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2018
    Chile

Wait what's there is a .cia 3ds patcher?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted