2. Keep redshift and rtcom only, rest goes to DS side

8.3%
  3. Just make the exe patcher work on the 3DS, the rest is fine DS-side

50.0%
  1. Nicota

Nicota Member
    Newcomer

Luxembourg
    don't really wanna install home-brew on such a expensive machine tho. im just gonna ask a friend that has windows if theres no other option

2. Sono

OP Sono Modern slave; tsundere

Hungary
    It installs in a location which doesn't affect the system. You can do some research.

Alternatively, you can get a free version of a virtual machine software, and just use a Windows VM.

3. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Dunno if this can ever be implemented in TWPatch but I have to say I've been pretty impressed with Retroarch scale2x video filter + bilinear interpolation on 3DS. Gameboy/ Gear, GBA and even Master System, which has a similar resolution to NDS, look pretty good. Sometimes there's a bit of curvey distortion but shapes tend to be very well defined without appearing either pixelalted or blurry, and the algorithm is very light on processing power. I don't know whether this RTC research can open up things like this that go well beyond the existing scaling matricies but I thought I'd mention it.

4. Sono

Hungary
    I looked at scale2x, and it seems to be possible, but only if ARM11 is constantly calculating each pixel, which definitely creates a lot of graphical glitches (it makes the screen scroll upwards like a badly synchronized CRT TV).

If you're willing to ditch EVERYTHING just to have scale2x then it's possible. It would just take a lot of time to disable DMPGL (it's littered all over the code, thus it's hard to get rid of or patch), and make sure to only calculate pixels when it has fully arrived to prevent black pixels from appearing and causing screen tear.

5. EduAAA

EduAAA Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    Try Normal2x.filt, it makes gbc games look sharp without those glitches you are describing.

6. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Normal2x is more like the default "crispy" GBA scaling in that its kind of pixellated. Its not bad for GB/GBA but it doesn't seem to help much for Master System and therefore theoretically NDS. The other issue is that its more CPU intensive and under pressure it can't keep up with vsync, but that's mostly a Retroarch issue.

7. plug313

plug313 GBAtemp Regular

is there a way to do this on the 3DS itself without a computer? I can transfer files to it with my phone via ftp but I don't have a computer. (I may have asked this before but I can't remember if I did so I don't think I got an answer, thanks in advance!)

8. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Brazil
    you can ask someone with a computer to do it and send you the files

9. igdegoo

igdegoo Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    wheres the patcher download

10. PokemonTotalWar

Newcomer

United States
    I haven't touched my 3DS in months, I see that there's a computer-based version of this now. What is the benefit of that, if I don't particularly care for Widescreen hacks? Should I just continue to use this patcher for sharpening, or should I update to the computer-based version?

11. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The computer patcher is only for widescreen at this time. In fact it makes the scaling otherwise somewhat worse. Only use if you want widescreen, stick to the 3DS patcher if you just want different scaling options within the usual 4:3 aspect ratio.

PokemonTotalWar likes this.
  12. win8x

win8x Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hey guys. I got it to work in 16:10, but... There is a bunch of hex on the right side of the top screen. The asd was 1010, I ran it from the wide.bat, I tried everything but it just doesn't seem to work. Can anyone please help??? :(

13. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL
    Developer

United States
    Re-download the patcher.

win8x likes this.
  14. win8x

win8x Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    It still doesn't work. Also, I want to talk in TWL Mode Hacking Discord because it's more convenient please. :)

15. Sono

Hungary
    If you only need widescreen then use 1100, or if you also want it to be tinted red (for blue light filter) then use 1101.

16. Zero_hack_One

Zero_hack_One Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    hi everyone i'm new, forgive me for my poor english, i wanted to know if it was possible to apply the twlpatch special filters with widescreen effects, because every time i do the widescreen procedure it resets the setting to the original ones. Thanks for everything

17. Sono

Hungary
    It's not possible yet. The matrix on the X axis is cleared because I didn't implement widescreen scale matrixes yet, and also because it requires extra patching due to the different scale divisors for the X and Y axises.

Zero_hack_One likes this.
  18. Zero_hack_One

Zero_hack_One Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    in Italy it is said "Either it is soup or wet bread" everything cannot be had. thanks a lot

Sono and Raylight like this.
  19. Nicota

Nicota Member
    Newcomer

Luxembourg
    im on a windows pc now but i cant find the newly created twlbg.cxi after running wide.bat...plz help

Last edited by Nicota, Nov 7, 2019
  20. Sono

Hungary
    Put a "pause" on a new line in the bat and read why it doesn't create it.

Nicota likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - TWPatcher, filters, patches