Two Wii Remotes...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by SlyGuy, Jul 10, 2007.

Jul 10, 2007

Two Wii Remotes... by SlyGuy at 5:22 PM (1,011 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. SlyGuy
    OP

Member SlyGuy GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Do you think that any future games will require the use of two Wii Remotes? I know the Nunchuck can detect movement to a degree, but the pinpoint accuracy of the Wii Remote will always be a step up.

2. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    Dual welding guns like in Time Crisis on the PS2 (I forget which one), you could use two G-Cons.
    Beyond that it would be if you needed better movement detection.

3. imgod22222

Member imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

United States
    Ya know.. i thought about that the other day... and something like that would need a crossover cable... however, I think that since both wiimotes automatically get a bluetooth connection with the wii, signifying player one and two, that something like that would be doomed not to work.

Anyway, I think (but Im not sure) that the wiimote and the nunchuck use the exact same accelerometer, though I may be wrong. Ill take a look on wiire.org for you.

EDIT: My computers being retarded not letting me copy and paste or use symbols so i cant look for you. sorry.

4. SlyGuy
    OP

Member SlyGuy GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I'm pretty sure the Wii can't detect what angle the Nunchuck is at. That finger pointing thing (twisting the hand) that you can do on the main Wii screen probably can't be done with the Nunchuck.

They wouldn't need a crossover cable though. They would just have to write some code that says Player 1's remote will control X and Player 2's remote will control Y. Consider it like a Co-op game where one player controls a turret and the other player fires the gun. Or a driving game where player 1 drives and player 2 fires.

5. Tomobobo

Member Tomobobo Champion.

United States
    That's not true about the nunchuck. It's got all the features of the wiimote minus the pointing device.

6. imgod22222

Member imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

United States
    Like Mario Kart: Double Dash?

7. cardyology

Member cardyology GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Did I not read a while back about a drumming game which uses two Wiimotes?

Maybe it was just speculation.....

8. MLS

Newcomer MLS Newbie

United States
    Theres Donkey Kong Taru Jet Race that I've heard requires drumming of some sort, but I think it uses remote+nunchuk.

/MLS

9. dsbomb

Member dsbomb GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Your probably thinking of the DJ that uses Wii Remotes with a PC to make different sounds.

And the nunchuk has a perfectly fine tilt sensor. I just finished Blazing Squadron, which uses it to steer the planes.