Hacking Two white screens when trying to load Kingdom Hearts Re:coded

slugma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any clue on what's going on? I know this rom is not broken because I can run it normally in an emulator.

Using Acekard2i and Akaio 1.7.1 .

slugma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. My very first post even mentions it.
mellow.gif

Well, I even tried all the procedures from the oficial bug tracking list (http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5), except for the following:

- "Try other dumps of a ROM (including regions, not just another hosting site)" - there are no other regions for this game, but the rom is obviously fine, since I could play this particular dump in an emulator;

- "Try another Acekard (ie: AK2i, AK 2.1,R.P.G.) or contact users at GBATemp.net to test for you" - I have no other Acekards;

- "Try another microSD in your Acekard" - I have no other microSD cards;

Synt4x3rror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That would be pretty logic, kh re:coded was just launched the other day and akaio 1.7.1 was launched some time back in july/august if I remember correctly.

if you want it to work you'll just have to wait for the next update (1.8 I believe it is)
or patch it using one of those AP patches, Hex edits, etc.

slugma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already tried the AP patches (and hex edits), and the game works just fine in an emulator BUT not in my acekard... I believe that waiting for 1.8.0 is the only way to go, but my problem is that I heard that some people are already running it (and apparently using AKAIO, as you can see in http://www.akaio.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=648)...

So, does anyone have a clue on what may be wrong here?

Darksage098

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RebornX said:
hex fix
Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded [9460197D]
000044A0: 37 2D BD ED C6 E0 35 81 0C 3A A2 73 07 FD BC 42 ? 2C 00 9F E5 00 10 90 E5 28 20 9F E5 02 00 51 E1
000044B0: B8 E9 3D 31 79 3E 48 2D 7C F9 C8 6D 88 11 66 6C ? 24 10 9F 05 08 10 80 05 20 10 9F 05 A8 10 80 05
000044C0: BF 08 37 9F 59 8A 72 F4 C8 33 89 BA CA B3 F7 62 ? 1C 10 9F 05 48 11 80 05 18 10 9F 05 E8 11 80 05
000044D0: B2 A6 22 E9 70 8F 77 CB AF 92 30 C1 58 C3 8D CE ? 1E FF 2F E1 64 11 0D 02 D3 4E 5F E1 FD 8E AA 36
000044E0: 4D 95 AD 06 0A 80 D1 39 E6 52 0F 0E ? 15 44 AA 36 B8 19 AA 36 60 9B AA 36
000049F8: 1E FF 2F E1 ? A8 FE FF EA

SOURCE:DS scene

This is the fix for KH: Re:Coded. You should double-check your hex editing. Sometimes one little wrong change can mess up the Fix. I know this works because this worked for me on my Acekard 2i on AKAIO 1.7.1.

slugma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darksage098, I just double-checked and that's exactly the HEX edit I made in the file. The problem seems to be that, unlike you and some other users who could run the game BUT it would freeze when you press 'start', in my case (and the one of some other users, as you can see in the topic for that game) the game never worked, i.e. every time I try to run it I see two white screens.

I first thought this could be another of those MicroSD issues, like the one in Pokemon W/B, but even after formatting the card the problem is still happening.

slugma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I already tried a pre-patched rom too, and I have the exame same problem as described above. I also tried to reformat my microSD card again, using the Panasonic utility, and the problem is still happening.

Tai Le Ree

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem...
But with differant games, its just new games that is the problem.
Its not the rom.
Also panasonic did nothing.
Might drop 30 bucks on a class 10 and try that.

slugma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apparently use a class 4 Kingston one, made it Taiwan, but there's a relevante question here: if this problem was solely due to card speed, there was nothing we could do to make it work; however, I had an equivalent issue with Pokemon Black (the game would freeze after the professor speech) and the game started working after I formatted the card using the Panasonic utility.

Now, if this was only a card-speed issue, I would have never been able to run the game, would I? There must be something else to this problem, for sure.

AgumonDX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same issue of white screens, but with EZ Flash V Plus. In official forums they say nothing, and anyone knows anything about this
frown.gif

Also, in TTDS (IDK if the game works in this card) i get always error 4 or error 82. But i have a parcial solution for this formatting the sd card, but i haven´t tried it.

Anyone can help?

Greetings!

.psyched

Trophies
XP
Country
France
AgumonDX said:
I have the same issue of white screens, but with EZ Flash V Plus. In official forums they say nothing, and anyone knows anything about this
frown.gif

Also, in TTDS (IDK if the game works in this card) i get always error 4 or error 82. But i have a parcial solution for this formatting the sd card, but i haven´t tried it.

Anyone can help?

Greetings!
Why are you even posting here? This doesn't concern those two flashcards.

HaoUchiha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Maybe the problem is with the ID of the rom, because I found all of them with this one :BK9J 34A21EC0

While the one of the patch is, as I figured out, this one: BKAJ 34A21EC0

confused x.x'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Right, yeah.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    dune 2 popcorn bucket
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many schools use some form of firewall or protection, to prevent certain types of content from being viewable.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, And that haha
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school blocks stuff but allows some stuff, its annoying, they legit can see our screens if they want
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. That popcorns got sand in it :(
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There was a time where we were able to bypass the school's network using a VPN that wasn't blocked on the radar. Can't exactly remember the name, but I was able to watch YouTube.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?