Two White Screens on Startup. help :(

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by TMoS, Jan 5, 2007.

Jan 5, 2007
  1. TMoS
    OP

Newcomer TMoS Newbie

Canada
    Hello all,

I formatted my microSD to FAT32, then copied MSFORSC.NDS and shell folder into it. When I turn on the ds, it gives me two white screens of death (I can barely make out the Health and Safety Warning...it looks like it was starting to load). Does anyone else have this problem or know why this is?

Thanks. :'(

2. Propionation

Newcomer Propionation Advanced Member

United States
    First of all what is your microSD. Try formatting to FAT/FAT 16.

3. TMoS
    OP

Newcomer TMoS Newbie

Canada
    It's a Kingston 1GB. I tried FAT and FAT32

4. akura

Newcomer akura Member

Australia
    I had similar problems. Except mine would boot every now and then. I would probably look into getting a replacement for it if you can.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=41531

ps. flip the scds over and look at the pins at the bottom, is the pcb underneath green or red?

5. TMoS
    OP

Newcomer TMoS Newbie

Canada
    I'm not sure what the pcd is but the area around the metal is mostly dark green

6. antwill

Member antwill Better Than You

Australia
    The reason that question was asked about the pcb is because most people with problems have green boards, as you said you do.

Try posting on the official supercard forum and maybe the developer or another admin can answer your question or perhaps someone has already had the same problem and might have gotten help. Good luck with your supercard troubles.

7. Uber_dork

Newcomer Uber_dork Newbie

United States
    Try this, this has helped me when I couldn't get my card to boot... Had 2 white screen also

Put the microSD media back into your computer/card reader so it finds it... and then remove the media safetly from XP or whater OS you have by using the "Safely remove hardware" icon you should have in you task back (lower right in XP). This cleanly dismounts the device - making sure you have no read/right errors.

Try it - worked for me a few times now.

Good luck