two very unrelated question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by nutta_nic, May 29, 2009.

May 29, 2009
  1. nutta_nic
    OP

Member nutta_nic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    hello people i have two quick questions could someone help me with

1. if i get cios rev 11 installed on a lu64+ wii can i install preloader or does it not work and if it does work and i get the system menu to run off ios249 and patch all isos to 249 does this mean disc channel loading??

and

2. on a wii with bootmii installed as boot2, when i back up my nand does it back up every thing including ios, channels, miis, game saves etc.? like a restore point sort of? and if so is it better to constantly back up my nand like weekly or something?

thanks for an replys in advance

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    1. if i get cios rev 11 installed on a lu64+ wii can i install preloader or does it not work and if it does work and i get the system menu to run off ios249 and patch all isos to 249 does this mean disc channel loading??
    Whaaaaaat...?? the cIOS_r11 is the only cIOS that can work on LU64+ Wii units, use that to downgrade or upgrade to 3.2 - 4.0 and then install preloader cause those are the only FW that preloader can run off, do not change the SysMenu to run off ios249, better to install CIOScorp, or to use Gamma Loader, cause it is a lot easier that what you want to do, go to softmii.org and download a package, please

2. on a wii with bootmii installed as boot2, when i back up my nand does it back up every thing including ios, channels, miis, game saves etc.? like a restore point sort of? and if so is it better to constantly back up my nand like weekly or something?
    Well you could backup constantly, but I guess every month will do fine, unless you play like 30 games per day and you are constantly playing with fire installing experimental sysmenus and stuff like that

...!!! [​IMG]

3. TheWiiNinja

Member TheWiiNinja GBAtemp Regular

United States
    For 1, I'm not sure, I don't know a whole lot about the LU64s. But for 2, yes, the NAND dump backs up everything in your NAND. Whether you want to do it weekly or not is up to you.

4. fogbank

Member fogbank GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you attempt to downgrade a LU64+ Wii there is a very good chance your system will become completely unusable.

If you can get the LU64+ fix (cIOS rev11 beta) installed on your LU64+ Wii you should stop there and use whatever apps you can (USB Loader, backup launcher, etc...) but do not downgrade.

Unless something has changed...?

5. nutta_nic
    OP

Member nutta_nic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    this was my understanding too, i thought the ios in lu64+ wii cound not be changed/overwritten as it could f@@k you up big time, unless something has changed??