Hacking Question Two Switches. Best setup for each?

Jedis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

My launch Switch is still on 2.3.0. It is not hacked and is pristine.

I just purchased a second Switch that the serial shows it’s possibly patched. I have not proceeded to identify if it can be hacked yet.

My SX Pro dongle was delivered yesterday. I would like to hack one of the Switches, I suppose the older one, and leave the other pristine. I’m assuming I would want to keep the old one offline so it doesn’t get banned and hack that one. The old Switch has all of my game saves on it.

Is there a way I can keep game saves in sync between the two Switches? The second Switch is brand new and hasn’t been powered on yet. What is the best way to avoid being banned?

Any and all suggestions are appreciated! I’m unsure of the best method to proceed with hacking a Switch and the best method forward with my dual Switch situation.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hack the old Switch, and don't hack the one you just bought. Easy. Only go online with the new one (unhacked) and there is zero risk of being banned. As for keeping the game saves in sync, I'm not too sure this can be done. Why would you want to play the same games on both consoles?

Reactions: TotalJustice

Jedis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hack the old Switch, and don't hack the one you just bought. Easy. Only go online with the new one (unhacked) and there is zero risk of being banned. As for keeping the game saves in sync, I'm not too sure this can be done. Why would you want to play the same games on both consoles?
Should I use a different email address for the Nintendo network ID? Or can I use the same on both Switches?

Thinking if I started playing a game on the always offline Switch, and I wanted to update it or take it somewhere and play docked with others online, having the saves available would be ideal.

Is there a better method to follow for hacking the one, keeping in mind I have a SX Pro dongle? Should I bother with emunand? Is there a guide that lists how to update games and the OS on the offline Switch?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You should definitely bother with emunand, it's great! Updating games on the offline Switch is as simple as installing a nsp file. Updating the OS is done with ChoidujourNX. Still not sure if you can sync game saves. I'll let someone else answer that.

jscjml

Monster Hunter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should definitely bother with emunand, it's great! Updating games on the offline Switch is as simple as installing a nsp file. Updating the OS is done with ChoidujourNX. Still not sure if you can sync game saves. I'll let someone else answer that.

emunand is the best man, have a ton of games downloaded on the emunand and still play bought games online on sysnand. Best of both worlds, without buying a second switch.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I use a different email address for the Nintendo network ID? Or can I use the same on both Switches?

Thinking if I started playing a game on the always offline Switch, and I wanted to update it or take it somewhere and play docked with others online, having the saves available would be ideal.

Is there a better method to follow for hacking the one, keeping in mind I have a SX Pro dongle? Should I bother with emunand? Is there a guide that lists how to update games and the OS on the offline Switch?
The only way to sync saves between switches is with homebrew if you're keeping one offline. So youd have to run homebrew on the new one too and then that will he banned if you go online.

Reactions: eskinner3742

fragged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Jedis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a guide to follow with SX Pro and updating without burning any fuses? Trying to put the pieces together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrgarrison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Boot up the SX menu
Make the emunand
Boot into emuNAND and update it with choidujournx to 6.2 (or lower if you want?)
Normal boot will stay on current OFW, RCM boot will use emuNAND
take underpants
???
profit.

Last edited by mrgarrison,
Reactions: jscjml

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
use kosmos instead https://github.com/AtlasNX/Kosmos/releases
it works better than sx os, because its just atmosphere with a lot of additions to help newbs and its easy to setup and easy to update. ill even help if you trouble setting up kosmos
Why should the OP switch to Kosmos if he owns already the SX Pro? Why exactly is it better than SX OS? SX OS is very easy to set up and use.

D

Deleted User

SXOS actually has emunand too, as of right now its the best choice for CFW lol. People just dont want to pay for it.
the op has two switches, he doesnt really need emunand, plus if atmos implements it they would do it a lot better than tx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE