• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,190
  • Replies 13
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
I have two suggestions I believe will make this website better.

1. Can there be a Discord identity? There is a GBAtemp Discord and more and more people use it, I'm surprised there isn't a Discord identity yet.
2. Can the GBAtemp review forum be deleted? We already have the Reviews section, but people still post there and nobody sees them. I don't think that forum is necessary now.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
The main reason that review forum is still there is because we have a lot of old reviews of still popular products that are stationed there, and bringing them all over to the current Review center is a bit complicated because of the way the site has evolved over the years vs how old some of those reviews are.

I do think it should be locked to new threads, since nobody should be submitting reviews there any longer, but I don't think it should be outright deleted.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The main reason that review forum is still there is because we have a lot of old reviews of still popular products that are stationed there, and bringing them all over to the current Review center is a bit complicated because of the way the site has evolved over the years vs how old some of those reviews are.

I do think it should be locked to new threads, since nobody should be submitting reviews there any longer, but I don't think it should be outright deleted.
Sounds like a good idea. Just rename it to "Archived Reviews" or something, and disable posting new threads.
Yeah, some coding stuff that needs to be done first, but was put on hold for a while.
Sounds like it would be pretty simple to do. A couple of simple template edits, an extra field in the database and 2 simple edits to the PHP code to actually store and retrieve the extra field. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
Unless you are actually planning to make it possible to link the Discord account to GBAtemp through OAuth or whatever they use.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Sounds like a good idea. Just rename it to "Archived Reviews" or something, and disable posting new threads.

Sounds like it would be pretty simple to do. A couple of simple template edits, an extra field in the database and 2 simple edits to the PHP code to actually store and retrieve the extra field. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
Unless you are actually planning to make it possible to link the Discord account to GBAtemp through OAuth or whatever they use.
That's not exactly how it works. But yeah, it is an easy fix. What is needed is custom verification stuff, and you shouldn't modify the forum software source but include custom files instead. It's all written, but I don't have access to the files, that's why it has been put on hold ;)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That's not exactly how it works. But yeah, it is an easy fix. What is needed is custom verification stuff, and you shouldn't modify the forum software source but include custom files instead. It's all written, but I don't have access to the files, that's why it has been put on hold ;)
Sure, but the code that has to be added will be pretty much what I said.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No. That's not how XenForo works, and the code I actually already had written might not even be used, but that's another story.
Maybe not. I don't have much experience in xenForo but in other ones I used I just edited the templates (mod support wasn't great at the time so that's how you had to do things), I can't imagine it being a whole lot different with mods though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeaZWBrG__s