Two ?'s about Cyclo, GBA Saves and SDHC battery life...

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by NinjaGaijin, Feb 9, 2009.

1. NinjaGaijin
    OP

Newcomer NinjaGaijin Member

United States
    Hello all,

I have a Cyclo DS and love it. I also have a bevvy of micro-sd cards. Originally I was using a SDHC card but noticed that it was draining my battery pretty fast, switched back to regular SD and now it's great. However I noticed that there is a feature in the settings called "battery saver", does anyone know if this balances out the draining affect of SDHC?

Secondly, I am wondering about GBA saves and PSRAM vs NOR. I currently have around 5 GBA games on my card, and an EZ 3 in 1. I originally was playing guru logic (puzzle game) and I'm pretty sure it was using PSRAM because it was showing "patching..." every time I launched it. I am not sure if I played another game some time after or what, but when I came back to guru logic my save was gone (and I was pretty far [​IMG]..)
    Now I have it loaded to NOR and am saving it and it seems just fine but I am afraid to launch any other gba games for fear it will nuke my save again.

What is the proper procedure for playing / saving GBA games with the cyclo? Should I be able to play everything from PSRam and have multiple saves? It doesn't appear to be allowing me to do that.

Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks much!
    T

2. Zerotance

Newcomer Zerotance Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    1. The battery saver feature does something to increase battery life. My guess would be that if you activated it with a SDHC, you would get abit more battery life than the SD without battery saver.

2. Read this:

3. NinjaGaijin
    OP

Newcomer NinjaGaijin Member

United States
    Thanks for the reply man, I am going to try it with my HC card and see what happens. It seemed like it was quite the difference last time, but I'll try it with battery saver going =).

Thanks again
    T

4. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Just a note, if you use Battery Saver mode then you might experience lag or freezing when playing problematic games like Castlevania Portrait of Ruin.
    It does conserve battery life though, but it does so at a cost.

5. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    I actually haven't heard of problems with POR. Afaik the only game that hangs with the battery saver mode is TWEWY.