Two quick questions about my G6 Lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by GeneralLeoFF, Oct 12, 2006.

Oct 12, 2006
  1. GeneralLeoFF
    OP

Member GeneralLeoFF GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I read some muttering somewhere that I can use the G6 Lite to dump game saves of my DS carts. I can't figure out how and I cant find any detailed info on the net. Is it true it can? How do you do it?

Is it possible to dump GBA games with the G6 USB thingy? I would like to chuck my old Visoly linker in the closet.

2. Moneo

Newcomer Moneo Advanced Member

After it boots up and you get to the list of the ds games, highlight the appropriate ROM and press 'select'. You're then given options to transfer the save files between SRAM, three save slots on the G6, and the game cart in the DS slot.

3. GeneralLeoFF
    OP

United States
    I was not sure how I was going to boot it into DS mode and also have a normal DS game in slot-1 without flashing the DS. I just hot swaped the passcard 3 for the DS cart though and that worked. Is that the normal way of doing things? It really seemed dangerous so that's why I had not tried it before.

4. delta123

Member delta123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Moneo was telling you how to move the save files. but to my knowledge you can't dump gba roms using the usb reader. it doesn't register.

5. GeneralLeoFF
    OP

United States
    Yea it does not appear to be even remotely possible as the thing is basically a USB memory stick without permanently attached memory so never mind on that. I guess I could just try and track down one of the USB Visoly linkers or a LPT to USB adapter.