Two Questions

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by iTech, Jul 24, 2007.

Jul 24, 2007

Two Questions by iTech at 12:27 PM (800 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. iTech
    OP

Member iTech GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Can anyone recommend a working DS disassembler? (that does not require years of male prostitution to buy)
    I know IDAPRO has NDS signature files and such for it, but those only work with a specific (old) version of IDA which I don't feel like pirating since I've already got two different IDAPRO versions installed (Free and Commercial).
    My computer isn't some sort of IDAPRO collectional facility!

Why the fuck ain't there no timing functions in LibNDS?
    Obviously I've tried time.h's functions and they don't seem to be working. time() and clock() return crap. Also, the documentation for LIBNDS (here) makes reference to various shit that does not exist or was altered.
    Stop changing the library in manners that breaks existing code!
    I spent an hour searching for some function that was clearly documented but did not exist anymore, instead, it was replaced by a new function without informing anyone except with a tiny comment hidden in a header somewhere (motion_is_inserted()).
    LIBNDS seems to have features removed at every new release.
    I have to spend precious chestnut-roasting time fixing shit myself that was working before I ran the updater.
    My computer isn't some sort of LIBNDS correctional facility!

Having said that, props to the authors of DevkitPro for giving us this wonderful toolset. Without you guys, we'd probably have to use some other guy's devkit (who might be evil or have Gay). Thank you!

2. chuckstudios

Member chuckstudios Putting the pro in procrastination

United States
    I've used ndsdis as a DS disassembler before.

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    ndsdis2:
    http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA018359/ndsdis/
    crystaltile2:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=53383&hl=
    Both great standalone apps, even better is that the code is stored at defined locations (which these apps both read) so you do not end up messing with a disassembled picture.

Some of the newer emulators also contain them, no$gba paid version is the suggested one here though.

Edit: sorry forgot the second one.
    I am not overly familiar with libnds (normally I just build stuff against it at best) but I seem to recall dragonminded has decent time app as part of DSorganise if you wanted one (this was late last year though), if not PaLib might have something.

4. iTech
    OP

Member iTech GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thanks man!
    That crystaltile2 is a nice tool.