Two questions about my MicroSDHC....

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by solange82200, Apr 29, 2008.

Apr 29, 2008
  1. solange82200
    OP

Member solange82200 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hi all,

Two questions. For some reason I've had two different A-Data MicroSDHC cards (4 gig, Class 6) cards, and neither one of the readers is recognized by my laptop. When I slide it in, the green light blinks but my computer doesnt show the drive. When I plug the SD card in using my other card reader (grey one that comes with the cyclo), the laptop recognizes it fine. Does it have something to do with it being an SDHC reader, maybe laptops dont always recognize them?

Secondly, when I'm done loading games on my card, I close the window that shows all my files, and pull out my card reader and card. Is there another way that I'm supposed to disconnect before pulling out the card, to make sure I dont mess it up? I've tried looking for a "Disconnect" option or something like that, but cant find one. I have Windows XP.

Thanks!

2. Sticks

Member Sticks GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    In built card readers on currently sold laptops should support SDHC. Older ones (~1 year or more? or less?) usually don't. Mine (1 year old) doesn't. As for safely pulling out the memory card, on XP, go to your start bar icons - next to the clock. there should be a little icon saying "safely remove hardware", left click on it, then click on your memory card. It shouldn't matter though as long as you've stopped doing read/write operations on it.

3. solange82200
    OP

Member solange82200 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks Sticks, you're a big help as always [​IMG]