Hacking Two Questions about Gateway 3DS and DSTWO.

ultimatetemper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have two questions. I have my Gateway 2.1 with emuNAND updated to 7.1. and I'd like to play some DS games with my 3DS. The questions are:

1- Can I install the exploit while having an emuNAND partition updated to 7.1?

2- If I play with my DSTWO and then I want to play 3DS games with Gateway, after installing the Gateway exploit using the DSTWO (if I can), will I lose everything I downloaded from E-Shop? (like Pokemon X/Y updates)

Sorry if I didn't explain correctly.
Thanks in advance.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I have two questions. I have my Gateway 2.1 with emuNAND updated to 7.1. and I'd like to play some DS games with my 3DS. The questions are:

1- Can I install the exploit while having an emuNAND partition updated to 7.1?

2- If I play with my DSTWO and then I want to play 3DS games with Gateway, after installing the Gateway exploit using the DSTWO (if I can), will I lose everything I downloaded from E-Shop? (like Pokemon X/Y updates)

Sorry if I didn't explain correctly.
Thanks in advance.
1-...not too sure what you mean the exploit is installed on sysnand with FW version 4.x emunand version doesn't matter
2- just re-run the installer and emunand will be exactly how you left it

ultimatetemper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
maybe as you knew, v2.1 firmware released to allow our users play all latest 3ds games and several days before, unofficially multikernel v1.01 was released to allow our users play gba games on n3ds/xl as well. The multikernel firmware comes with GBA emulator and multimedia. So if your N3DS/XL firmware stayed on V4.1-4.5, you can use gateway 3ds play both nds games, gba games and 3ds games on your n3ds/xl, you dont need installing the Gateway exploit using the DSTWO , after all, dstwo dont support 3ds games.

My sysNAND is on 4.4, my emuNAND is in 7.1.
I can still play 3DS games.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe as you knew, v2.1 firmware released to allow our users play all latest 3ds games and several days before, unofficially multikernel v1.01 was released to allow our users play gba games on n3ds/xl as well. The multikernel firmware comes with GBA emulator and multimedia. So if your N3DS/XL firmware stayed on V4.1-4.5, you can use gateway 3ds play both nds games, gba games and 3ds games on your n3ds/xl, you dont need installing the Gateway exploit using the DSTWO , after all, dstwo dont support 3ds games.
Neither does the card the multi kernel was made for. It's just a regular ds-mode cart. Super card emulates gba games at full speed thanks to its cpu, while the multi-kernel tweak for the blue card is software emulated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?