Two problems.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by TwinRetro, Aug 5, 2010.

Aug 5, 2010

Two problems. by TwinRetro at 9:41 PM (1,517 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. TwinRetro
    OP

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    Okay, I usually try to do my own research with problems like this, but Both of these problems are so new I guess there's not many people that have it yet.

Anyway, HBC told me there was an update. cool beans. I install it. Awesome! It has a nifty darker theme. I reboot my Wii, and I see the Priiloader screen. uh...okay? So, I guess that Priiloader has reset, and I need to set it again to auto-boot HBC...hmm...Seems the settings are still there. I try to boot HBC from Priiloader, and i'll be damned if it says it can't find it. Well, shit! Well, now all I can do is boot into the system menu, but not before seeing the missing "hacks.ini" error. I'm kinda stumped on what to do to get it to boot into HBC auto again.

Next problem...My version of Priiloader is 0.29 I try to update and it's stuck on "retrieving changelog" or something like that. How do I update the damn thing?

2. codiak

Newcomer codiak Advanced Member

United States
  3. Aeladya

Member Aeladya *mistressOFtheCLOW

United States
    I'm having this same problem, except apparently my version of Priiloader is 0.1 (I thought it was at least 0.4, but I guess I didn't pay attention) and I cannot get the newer version to install. Any ideas? The installer won't show up in the Homebrew Channel.

4. TwinRetro
    OP

United States
    I downloaded the installer, and ran it through HBC...I got it to install using the "Hold B Press +" method, as I got an ES_identify error doing it the other way, BUT Priiloader won't boot at all now, it just goe straight to the system menu. and Aeladya: Make sure to rename the .dol file to boot.dol inside it's own folder in the apps folder.

5. Jaz808

Member Jaz808 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    First problem is old HBC was called HAXX, older preloader looks for HAXX, New HBC is called JODI, so old preloader .29 cant find HAXX, thats why you cant boot to HBC

As for why you cant install new preloader or priiloader, not sure as i am still on HBC 1.03 and PreLoader .29
    Old way to get rid of preloader was install system menu again, maybe go from there

6. C.S.I.

Member C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    As previously stated, Original HBC was HAXX, Later was JODI, the brand new one just released is non alphabetic, but different again for the previous to stop Ninti killing it off.

Thats why all current downloadable Priiloader wont lauch the new Homebrew 1.0.7.

You have to get the latest Priiloader, install it, and then turn on BETA updates, and auto update from Priiloader, which I am too chicken to do.

I will wait for the released version of Priiloader that supports HBC 1.0.7.

@dudeonline. Have you tried to use the installer downloaded for the Priiloader pages, or are you trying to auto update from within the Priiloader menu?

7. TwinRetro
    OP

United States
    I'm installing from the .dol from the priiloader pages.

8. d3monsting

Member d3monsting GBAtemp Regular

United States
    @C.S.I.
    May I ask why you are too chicken to do it? Is there a risk of Priiloader installer failing midway or something and then the WII WON'T START?!?! 0.0

9. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    its called beta for a reason... but its reasonably safe as far as beta's go, i haven't heard of any1 having problems with the new autoupdate function

alternatively, u can always install a channel with the title ID HAXX, which forwards to the new HBC. I can't remember where I found the download, but I had to rename the title ID to HAXX using showmiiwads, enable the system menu hack to disable the deletion of the HAXX HBC if on 4.2 or 4.3, then install the HAXX to HBCv1.0.7 forwarder wad u downloaded/customized

but auto updating to the new priiloader is probably easiest, and pretty "safe" too

10. neotank19

Member neotank19 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I read a couple post on this forum about priiloader crashing during an update and bricking their wiis. I too will wait for a non beta release.

11. TwinRetro
    OP

United States
    I got it to install (priiloader) but it just boots straight to the system menu now. balls.

Anyone know how to fix this, or at least, how to get my HBC to autoboot again? [​IMG]

12. Kryptical

Member Kryptical GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Hold reset when turning on the Wii and then go set your autoboot settings.

13. C.S.I.

Australia
    As Kryptical says, Hold down reset for 10 secs as you reset or power up your Wii, will take you to the Priiloader Menu.

The reason I am chicken, is as stated above, have seen some threads on people bricking their Wii using the internal update function, so i prefer to err on the side of caution.

As I have no boot2 vunerabilty, mine can stay as it is a while longer.

14. TwinRetro
    OP

United States
    Thanks bunches. I think im going to ditch priiloader in favor of forwarders in the system menu. I'll still keep it installed in case I bannerbrick or some shit.

15. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    afaik, people reported bricks from the preloader 0.29 update to the never released 0.30 by crediar (not to be confused with preloader mod v0.30 by daco and phpgeek)

from what I hear, after updating from the Priiloader v0.5 beta4 found here, people were able to launch HBC v1.0.7 fine (I didn't hear anything about bricks though! [​IMG] )

anyways, i see where u r coming from, beta's are called beta for a reason, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it

16. C.S.I.

Australia
    Once you have Priiloader installed and running, dont remove it. Even if you never use it, it could quite easily come in handy later as you state, if you screw something up.

Have you also installed and configured at least the "Disable Disk Updates" and "Disable Online Updates"? at a minimum.
    Above on its own is a good enough reason to use and keep Priiloader.