two or more usb storage devices are connected - Vwii and Brazillian/Haxchi

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Cloakandmail, May 15, 2017.

1. Cloakandmail
    OP

Cloakandmail Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2017
    Hi,

My Wii U works successfully with usb loaders under Vwii

I have recently successfully moved from Loadiine to the Brazillian USB loader method.

I appreciate that the games need to be stored on 2 different hard drives because of the file formats required.

Both hacks work but having 2 hard drives connected causes the error "two or more usb storage devices are connected" etc.

I understand that the wii u objects to 2 usb hard drives but is there a way of having 2 usb hard drives connected? I don't want to keep unplugging depending on whether you are going to play vwii or Wii u games, or use system memory for wii u, or use a flash drive?

I have experimented with ustealth but the wii u still seems to detect both.

Ideally I want to have both hard drives plugged in and forget about it. Is that possible please?

I have searched for a solution but can find no reference to one, which means either there isn't one or I haven't looked hard enough (I hope its the latter).

Thank you.

2. Akzar

Akzar Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2016
    United States
    I have 2 usb drives. In the rear upper USB is a thumb drive for vwii/gamecube (using u stealth). It is not detected by WiiU. A 500gb external hard drive is connected to the rear bottom usb port. The only time I need to remove a drive is when I install a wiiU game through wup installer y mod. I will get an error that the game cannot install. I must remove the vwii drive, restart the console, then install the games. After that, plug thumb drive back in & all is well

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3. Cloakandmail
    OP

Cloakandmail Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2017
    Thank you for your response.
    I really wanted 2 USB hard drives but doing some more research I am beginning to understand that this is an actual limitation of the wii U.
    I have ordered a 4 port USB hub where each port can be switched off. I am hoping that this might provide a half way house workaround.