two or more usb storage devices are connected - Vwii and Brazillian/Haxchi

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Cloakandmail, May 15, 2017.

1. Cloakandmail
    OP

Cloakandmail Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2017
    Hi,

My Wii U works successfully with usb loaders under Vwii

I have recently successfully moved from Loadiine to the Brazillian USB loader method.

I appreciate that the games need to be stored on 2 different hard drives because of the file formats required.

Both hacks work but having 2 hard drives connected causes the error "two or more usb storage devices are connected" etc.

I understand that the wii u objects to 2 usb hard drives but is there a way of having 2 usb hard drives connected? I don't want to keep unplugging depending on whether you are going to play vwii or Wii u games, or use system memory for wii u, or use a flash drive?

I have experimented with ustealth but the wii u still seems to detect both.

Ideally I want to have both hard drives plugged in and forget about it. Is that possible please?

I have searched for a solution but can find no reference to one, which means either there isn't one or I haven't looked hard enough (I hope its the latter).

Thank you.

2. Akzar

Akzar Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2016
    United States
    I have 2 usb drives. In the rear upper USB is a thumb drive for vwii/gamecube (using u stealth). It is not detected by WiiU. A 500gb external hard drive is connected to the rear bottom usb port. The only time I need to remove a drive is when I install a wiiU game through wup installer y mod. I will get an error that the game cannot install. I must remove the vwii drive, restart the console, then install the games. After that, plug thumb drive back in & all is well

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

3. Cloakandmail
    OP

Cloakandmail Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2017
    Thank you for your response.
    I really wanted 2 USB hard drives but doing some more research I am beginning to understand that this is an actual limitation of the wii U.
    I have ordered a 4 port USB hub where each port can be switched off. I am hoping that this might provide a half way house workaround.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice