Two men steal over 100 copies of CoD:BO at gunpoint.

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ritsuki said:
Just imagine the scene :

"DON'T MOVE ! IT'S A HOLDUP ! Ok now we are going to take some copies of CoD:BO and if anybody moves, I'll shoot him ! TIZ IZ SRS BIZNESS !"

If I was in the shop at that moment I would be like, WTF are you doing guys
unsure.gif
?
When I imagine the scene they don't narrate their own robbery. Yeah, they came in, they had them at gunpoint, they took the money from the register some consoles and the games.
Because robbing a game store for thousands of dollars in merchandise makes absolutely no sense, right? You think nobody ever robbed a game store before?
P.S. If you were in the store at that moment you would be soiling yourself and begging them not to shoot you.

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Makes me wonder if they stole some of the Wii versions, but I assume they only stole the 360 and PS3 versions.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kwartel said:
100 * $40 on eBay = $400

Good choice since it's such a hyped game!

EDIT: This doesn't mean I aprove it!
Probably mentioned before, but its actually $4000, which is a really significant amount of money and probably many times as much as the cash they stole.
I suppose the police will somehow be able to track this down. I can't think of an easy way to launder 100 copies of Black Ops safely, but then again, I'm not a criminal.
wink.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
lol guns. swords, now that would have made for a story.

-another world

Lmfao, I can just imagine a bunch of robbers with swords robbing a Game store for a game that mainly uses swords. The outcome of the robbery surely wouldn't look good if the robbers were to use their actual swords. What a horrible sight.

I wonder if the robbers stole the games to either pirate it (if they know how to do that at all) or sell it.

Sigh...the things people do these days. It's getting worse everyday.

DSDisco

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
Another World said:
lol guns. swords, now that would have made for a story.

-another world

Lmfao, I can just imagine a bunch of robbers with swords robbing a Game store for a game that mainly uses swords. The outcome of the robbery surely wouldn't look good if the robbers were to use their actual swords. What a horrible sight.

I wonder if the robbers stole the games to either pirate it (if they know how to do that at all) or sell it.

Sigh...the things people do these days. It's getting worse everyday.

Red Steel in real life, I don't think so. (Huh, funny, I've never owned a wii or ever looked it up & yet I know about it!)
yaynds.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Velveteer said:
Can't they track these copies somehow?
What, like with the government radio transmitters hidden in the manual since nobody reads it?

No. XD

The actual value of it is about as much as a box, a disc, and some printed paper. People just think it's worth $50+ because that's what we're told it's worth by the companies trying to get us to pay $50+ for it.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Velveteer said:
Can't they track these copies somehow?

and what - ban people who bought them? - who had no idea that they were stolen - it would be a waste of time wont catch the people that did it in the first place (which is the main concern here)

then again i think the main concern is that Gamestop should sort their shit out and maybe be much more careful on such a big release .

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can only immagine tracking it through the CD-Keys, but then again you'd have to wait until someone activates it online... The next thing would be to interrogate this dude owning the game to find out from whom he bought it. How far do you think the americans are willing to go?
tongue.gif

On a side note, I didn't actually know CoDBO would come out this soon... I obviously wasn't anticipating this game.

Last edited by Zense,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo