Hacking Two flashcart questions. (What one can do these things?)

HappehLemons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm attempting to make my own little reproduction cart of Mother 3, so that's why I'm asking these questions.
I'm looking for a GBA flash cart that I can force to boot directly to a rom without having to access any menus, as if it was a actual GBA game.
Also if possible I'd like a cart that can fit inside a REAL GBA cart. I'm going to put 1 game on it and never change it again so I want to look authentic after I put the game on it without sd card slots or usb female ports on it.

Can the EZflash 1-3 do these things/fit inside a normal gba cart/work with a translated Mother 3? If not what flash cart can?

I hear the battery dies out fast though, is this really the best choice?

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the X-Rom would instantly boot to a game if you only had one rom on there. If you had multiple games it then go to menu.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The GBA sized EZ-Flash 3-in-1 is your best bet here. You use a slot-1 flashcart to load the game on [NOR]memory(I think) and then you can use it as a normal GBA cartridge. You can backup your save on the Slot-1 and when the battery dies you can simply replace it and load your stuff back on.

http://0shippingzone.com/flash-expansion-p...size-p-212.html

HappehLemons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay.. but can someone please confirm that it will fit inside another gba cart (Like that the screw placement is the same ect..). I plan to take it out of my mother 3 import and drop it in there and I'd just like to make sure this will work.

Also you're saying that the EZFlashV works just like the previous and boots right the the game?

Thanks everyone.

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
HappehLemons said:
Okay.. but can someone please confirm that it will fit inside another gba cart (Like that the screw placement is the same ect..). I plan to take it out of my mother 3 import and drop it in there and I'd just like to make sure this will work.

Also you're saying that the EZFlashV works just like the previous and boots right the the game?

Thanks everyone.

I don't think you'll be able to just drop it in a normal cart. You would probably need to file down the insides of your cart before it would fit. Why not just replace the sticker on the 3in1?

But yeah, once you put the game in NOR RAM with your Slot1 card, you'll be able to use the 3in1 like a normal GBA cart.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then what you're looking for most likely doesn't exist. It's not exactly a high priority for flash cart makers to ensure that the guts of their carts can be transplanted into an official cartridge shell. They're a bit more focused with providing actual features of the cart that people want.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HappehLemons said:
I was just asking if it was possible, I wasn't demanding that it be done or anything.

the one here http://0shippingzone.com/flash-expansion-p...size-p-212.html does fit in a GBA, I know, I have it. It may look bizarre because the edge connectors are exposed but it works the same as an original gba cart. Just make sure you have a slot 1 card to transfer the game to the NOR flash of the ez 3 in 1 phat version.

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
HappehLemons said:
I was just asking if it was possible, I wasn't demanding that it be done or anything.

the one here http://0shippingzone.com/flash-expansion-p...size-p-212.html does fit in a GBA, I know, I have it. It may look bizarre because the edge connectors are exposed but it works the same as an original gba cart. Just make sure you have a slot 1 card to transfer the game to the NOR flash of the ez 3 in 1 phat version.

Did you read what he wants to do? He wants to transfer it to a real GBA cartridge shell. It won't be easily done with the one you linked to, or the one I linked to. He would need to file down the inside of the shell to get either to fit.

HappehLemons

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no problem with filing to the cart, but is it possible to do it without damaging it? What's the area that doesn't fit into a normal gba shell.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back