two features that i would like to see on temp.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
1- ajax for quick reply and editing posts, so it wont load all the page for adding an answer.

2- auto merge for double posts, so it will auto merge double posts!

I'm not sure about the second one (sounds tricky), but I've been thinking about the first one myself. I was going to suggest it at some point. My thinking is most people use fast reply, and those that don't only use the regular reply mode for the options. Why not add said options from normal reply into fast reply, and scrap the regular reply mode entirely? No one likes it (it's slow, as it has to load a new page), and I wouldn't use regular myself if it didn't give me easy access to tags and such.

So I'm with test, I'd like a unified fast reply with all of the options of the regular reply mode.
happy.gif

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
you cant remove default Add Reply method which opens new window, some like it i think like Hadrian when they post large stuff and need control over their page, but it should be there for Fast Reply which reaches its goal too.

i suggested it before, but no one cared.

and Double Post is something already implemented in most forums and will decrease load from admin/modz/supervisors shoulders.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
you cant remove default Add Reply method which opens new window, some like it i think like Hadrian when they post large stuff and need control over their page, but it should be there for Fast Reply which reaches its goal too.

i suggested it before, but no one cared.

and Double Post is something already implemented in most forums and will decrease load from admin/modz/supervisors shoulders.

You could have just as much control over your replies with fast reply + the more elaborate interface. But of course, for creating new topics you would indeed need the current new topic creation interface, that's a given. For replies though, it wouldn't be necessary if the above change was implemented.

And you say this double post filter is a common feature on other forums? Hm, it would save us trouble, but I honestly don't mind the extra work. Of course, I don't speak for my fellow staffers. Also, I typed all of this in a sleep deprived haze, so if there's any typos (I've already corrected several), it couldn't be helped.
tongue.gif

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
i think adding more stuff to Fast Reply will kill its goal being fast, quick and dirty.

i would like to have current fast reply with AJAX and Add Replyl with what it is.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I always use fast reply, I only use the normal reply button when I forget some tags, or when I want to quote someone.. I would love to see some more options on the fast reply..

double post merging doesn't seem so hard to implement.. just make the database check if the last past in the topic is from the same user posting now.. if it is, merge the two posts (instead of creating a new post, the last post will be "edited" putting the content of the new post in it's end).

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
i think adding more stuff to Fast Reply will kill its goal being fast, quick and dirty.

i would like to have current fast reply with AJAX and Add Replyl with what it is.

I disagree. How would having the total selection of options hurt speed? Sure there would be more for the fast reply option to load, but there are always ways to optimize stuff so that it could load just as quickly as it does now, with all of the extended features of add reply. Thus eliminating the need for add reply completely (except, again, for creation of new topics).

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'm strange or something. I've ALWAYS used the normal reply button. I never use the quick reply.
blink.gif

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I only use fast reply cuz I'm on dial up. If I didn't though... I'd still use Fast Reply. But it'd be nice to edit your post without loading a new page.

And also make the window bigger, just so I won't let myself down. Cuz, when I post what looks like a large post in the fast reply window, I'm like 'awesome, I guess I had a lot to say! Thumbs up dude!' And then I see my actual reply on the thread, and it's like two lines long. I feel like a failed.
frown.gif

Damn, I wrote this is fast reply, and it just happened to me again.
frown.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
And also make the window bigger, just so I won't let myself down. Cuz, when I post what looks like a large post in the fast reply window, I'm like 'awesome, I guess I had a lot to say! Thumbs up dude!' And then I see my actual reply on the thread, and it's like two lines long. I feel like a failed.Â
frown.gif

Damn, I wrote this is fast reply, and it just happened to me again.Â
frown.gif
Is that all you have to say? LOL, you fail
nyanya.gif

wink.gif

I agree that the fast reply window should be bigger. And one more thing: could you somehow enable quoting to the fast reply window?

Chotaz

I'm back! :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've only seen a forum with auto-merging double posts, MPC.
as for the fast reply, i think the window sould be bigger and quoting abled.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A fast reply with more options would be awesome.
The auto-merge feature I've run through on some forums
If you google it you'll find a good example.
Usually it appears as:

QUOTE said:
This post has been automerged due to double posting. In the future, please use the edit button.

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
A fast reply with more options would be awesome.
The auto-merge feature I've run through on some forums
If you google it you'll find a good example.
Usually it appears as:

QUOTE said:
This post has been automerged due to double posting. In the future, please use the edit button.

We call the auto merge feature Ace Gunman
rofl2.gif

Please don't hurt me Ace

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM