Two awesome new Tatsu vs. Capcom videos!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by War, Dec 8, 2008.

Dec 8, 2008
  1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan

"We don't have to wait until Wednesday for this week's Tatsunoko vs. Capcom video update, thanks to the intrepid fan who found the file on the Japanese website and uploaded it to YouTube. We'd say this fight, featuring Rock Volnutt and Rival Schools' Batsu vs. Hakushon Daimao and Hurricane Polymar is exceptionally wacky, but pretty much every battle is exceptionally wacky, thanks to the hyperspeed gameplay and the cartoon cast. We'll just have to wait until Wednesday for new minigame screens.

A 4Gamer interview linked in the same NeoGAF thread as the Rock video brings slightly bad news: there aren't any unlockable characters. So the roster we've seen is it -- no Dante, Gene, Captain Commando, Strider, Trojan, or Chip 'n Dale to be found.

As for the one still-secret character -- the final boss. If you don't want to be spoiled by seeing new, higher-quality footage of this character in action, do not click past the break. If you already have, don't scroll down past the gallery. But if you do decide to check out the footage, how awesome is that footage?"

Source

2. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    I'm pretty disappointed that there's no hidden charaters... Even the first Marvel vs Capcom had some hidden characters...although they were just recolors and Roll...

But I'm still crazy excited for this. About time the Wii got a damn good fighter. I even checked out some of the series to hype myself up (I watched Karas earlier today. [​IMG]) Can not wait.

3. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    Rockman's attacks look a bit slow (start up wise). Either way, looks really good so far. I plan to purchase the English version if it comes, but for now, pirated Japanese version will do. [​IMG]

4. Zaiga

Member Zaiga GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Man, I really wish this would come out in English, it looks soooo good..

5. Canonbeat234

Member Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Japan
    Petition!!! [​IMG]

6. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    Capcom USA wants to bring it over, but licensing makes it difficult. A lot of different groups hold the license for the various characters. It's always difficult to get them all to cooperate. This is the same reason why games like Jump Ultimate Stars will never make it over.

7. Galacta

Member Galacta >:)

Australia
    I guess when this game comes out.... Time to hack... If they have time.

8. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Trigger seems a bit like Megaman from MvC, what with having the Machine Buster and Drill Arm subweapons (and possibly a third, Shining Laser?). Very interesting...