TWLoader - CTR-mode NDS app

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Robz8, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Sounds like they're not trimmed then.
    Trimming is when ROMs have their padding at the end taken out.

Yagui likes this.
  2. Yagui

Yagui Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2018
    Brazil
    is there any method to run my pokemon without it being so laggy? its almost impossible to play waiting 2 minutes at each load

3. trainboy2019

trainboy2019 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    trainboy2019 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 6, 2015
    Antarctica
    Ylisse
    This tool is still in development, so if you want a smooth experience, give it a lot of time, we may have a bootstrap that cam play them smoothly at some point in the future.

4. Yagui

Yagui Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2018
    Brazil
    at least its not only my games that are taking too long to load, right? it makes me more calm kkkkkkk

5. trainboy2019

trainboy2019 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    trainboy2019 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 6, 2015
    Antarctica
    Ylisse
    I don't mean to be rude, but have you looked at the compatibility chart in the OP?

6. Yagui

Yagui Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2018
    Brazil
    of course i did, the pokemon heartgold and kirby are fully supported with the mario kart as a dom

7. Mugen2x

Mugen2x Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2016
    United States
    May i ask the current version of Twloader and the bootstrap?
    i tried to updating it with the launcher itself but it crashes when i try to update the whole thing

8. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Get the latest version from the first post.

9. Yagui

Yagui Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2018
    Brazil
    can someone help me? i changed my micro sd into a new and larger one, the last one had the homebrew, fbi and stuff like that. can i somehow transfer it? cause the new SD doesnt show to be homebrewed

10. Yagui

Yagui Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2018
    Brazil
    can someone help me? i changed my micro sd into a new and larger one, the last one had the homebrew, fbi and stuff like that. can i somehow transfer it? cause the new SD doesnt show to be homebrewed

11. juanmartinnnn
    This message by juanmartinnnn has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Feb 8, 2018.
    Feb 7, 2018
  12. Flame
    This message by Flame has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Feb 8, 2018, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Feb 7, 2018
  13. Camm

Camm Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2018
    Australia
    Hi all,

Hoping I'm not missing the bleedingly obvious. Setting up Slotcard loading on a Supercard DSTWO Plus (of which after searching around a tonne saw should work with TWLoader as its essentially a DST just with some expanded cache).

Anyway, tl;dr - following the guide from github, I go to do Step 3 - extract "flashcardsdroot (flashcardnamehere)" folders to the flashcard's microSD card root, however there is only a folder for the SCONE, and no SCTWO. I've tried using the SCONE folder, however that results in a white screen when selecting add game in step 6 (including with Slot 1 Reset option selected and Supercard DSTWO selected as the flashcard).

Am I missing the bleeding obvious that there should be a folder specifically for the DSTWO? Or am I doing something stupid?

Any help much appreciated :)

14. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    You missed the DSTWO .7z pack itself.

15. Camm

Camm Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2018
    Australia
    The DS Game Forwarder pack (SC DSTWO).7z? That one is inline atm. I thought you also needed from TWLoader.7z\flashcardsdroot ((use with contents from -all- ) DSTT, R4i Gold, R4i-SDHC, SC DSONE)\ a SCTWO folder?

So i.e.

I download DS Game Forwarder pack (SC DSTWO).7z, which contains a _dstwo folder. That is copied to the SD card.
    In TWLoader.zip I copy the files in TWLoader.7z\flashcardsdroot (all)\ which also contains a _dstwo folder as well as GBARunner2.nds and SR.TWLDR to the root of my sd card.
    When browsing TWLoader.7z\flashcardsdroot ((use with contents from -all- ) DSTT, R4i Gold, R4i-SDHC, SC DSONE)\ , I cannot copy any files here as there is no SC DSTWO folder

At this point I've tried not copying any files at this step, and copying the DSONE files with no joy either way.

I assume when you say DSTWO.7z pack your referring the DS Game Forwarder Pack and not another file?

Thanks for your help Robz8, must get tiring helping the masses...

Cheers

Attached Files:

16. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    I suppose the files in "flashcard sdroot" should be copied to the flashcard's micro SD root

17. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Yes, "DS Game Forwarder Pack (Supercard DSTWO)".
    The DSTWO(+) isn't a DSTT clone, btw.

18. Camm

Camm Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2018
    Australia
    Was meaning DS Two not DSTT. Bad acronyonmisation.

Anyway, tl;dr - After reloading EOS realised I'm an idiot and the card was broken anyway. :\. Anyway, here's to me hoping we get redirection out of TWL for Stargate (or Stargate fixes their DS mode not working on CFW). Or I try and actually track down a flashcard in stock :\.

Thanks for your help.

19. MrMcTiller

MrMcTiller GBATemp's Tiller

Mar 7, 2017
    United States
    Somewhere in the Depths of Space
    @Robz8 , I get a white screen when I select "Start GBARunner2" help me please.

20. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Try turning console output "on (with Debug)".

21. MrMcTiller

MrMcTiller GBATemp's Tiller

Mar 7, 2017
    United States
    Somewhere in the Depths of Space
    IDK why, but that worked. Thank you.

22. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    I always hated the term trimming. To me, trimming seems like you're at a barber shop and they are trimming some off the top. Yet trimming a rom is taking some off the bottom/end. I guess I'm just thinking of hair upside down.

23. Enryx25

Enryx25 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 25, 2016
    Italy
    EDIT: Solved.

Last edited by Enryx25, Feb 9, 2018