Gaming Twitch Streaming and Internet Browser, will Nintendo ever come through?

Submit your thoughts!

• Total voters

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the new hardware revision for the Switch, it has made me wonder; will Nintendo ever support streaming to Twitch or even YouTube?
I mean, seriously. Every other console has streaming capabilities, not to mention internet browsing. The console has a built in video capture option, and someone even found out how to use that for PC streaming (For the most part) So why not just go all the way?
I've been itching to stream Ultimate, Splatoon and other games since I got my Switch. We shouldn't have to play 70 bucks for a capture card when everyone else does this feature for free.
Nintendo's been s l a c k i n g lately.
I think streaming and internet support would really help their marketing, as I see a lot of people wanting that pretty bad.

So, main question. Do you see Twitch/YouTube streaming coming to Switch anytime soon? (Please refrain from rude comments and keep this thread civilized)

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Kadji

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Streaming needs additional GPU/CPU power in addition to the game you are playing. The real time compression of the Video feed needs power.

I am quite sure that some games don't allow recording of the last 30 seconds because the Switch has no spare power for the feature in those games. Be it RAM limitations, a maxed out GPU or a maxed out CPU.
Some games can't even record smooth gameplay. Mario Tennis Aces for example is always very choppy when using the build in recording feature while the actual game runs at a smooth 60fps.
Of course there are also developers who just disallow captures because...well, because they can. Same as with the PS4 (and xbox one? not sure on that, I don't have one)

I would not hope for a native Streaming Solution in the Switch. It took over a year to get Youtube on the Switch, and we are still lacking Stuff like Netflix or a Twitch Client.
Just invest some cash for a capture card. An advice: If you are only interested in capturing Switch gameplay you can go low budget. A 720p@60fps capture card is more than enough for 90% of the Switch games out there. Most don't even reach 1080p, and even if they do, they don't usually run at 60fps.

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm surprised Nintendo greenlit the idea to use Youtube on it, let alone anything else. They want to keep their game consoles a "pure gaming experience", much like Apple does with their products.
Lock it down, make it easy, take away options to limit the user, and don't provide more support than you need to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: you could say it fell out.