Twisted Metal causing fake YLOD on my 60GB PS3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Games & Content' started by GRUMPYx87, Jun 14, 2012.

Jun 14, 2012
  1. GRUMPYx87
    OP

Newcomer GRUMPYx87 Newbie

United States
    I have a phat 60 gig ps3, well i bought thie new twisted metal game in march, i was playing the game for an hour and then my ps3 shut off with the red light flashing, so basically my ps3 thinks it has the ylod lol even though it doesnt, for some reason this problem only happens with this game, it happens randomly.. I could be playing hours and hours with a different game and nothing happens,

I havent play this game in two months, so my questions is has sony fix that problem??

2. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    Turn off caps lock. If you have the old 60 gb model, chances are you have a lot of dust accumulated within the system. Similar issues were happening when I would play Saints Row 3 on my old phat model. I had to buy a can of compressed air to blow out all the dust. A LOT of dust came out. Did you buy your PS3 new or used?

3. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    GUYS, WHY ARE WE SHOUTING?!

1 person likes this.
  4. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    From the forum rules:

5. GRUMPYx87
    OP

Newcomer GRUMPYx87 Newbie

United States
    bought it used 2 years ago, it had the ylod but got it fix in some repair shop with a reball method.. i clean the inside of my ps3 every six months, by the way i aint the only one with this problem.

6. triassic911

Member triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    Well afaik, the YLOD is due to overheating, so obviously something is wrong. If you say you clean the inside of your PS3 every few months, It HAS to be something else that is problematic. Fucked up heatsink maybe?

7. lithium210

Member lithium210 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Its already been fixed for ylod so im not surprised its happened again. I dont care if its been reballed before, as long as the solder doesnt contain any lead, its probably going to happen again. Lead-free solder sucks and once its breaks down, most likely it'll happen again unless you keep it clean (more like 1-2 months) and keep it COOL! So no its not the game. Buy a NEW ps3.

8. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    The "repair" shop probably "fixed" it just with a hot air blower. Most shops do that to get cheap money, and don't do a proper fix.

Reballing with quality solder (even if lead-free) will guarantee you an almost immortal PS3 ;)