Hacking Twilight Princess will not load on CFG

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I know you guys helped decide on a USB HDD, what to install with ModMii and so on, but now I'm faced with an issue; Twilight Princess will not run on CFG. The program tells me that it was ripped "correctly" but when I open my HDD on my PC, it tells me the wfbs file is 494MB, roughly half of what it should be. I deleted it, checked my HDD for errors and defragged it. Nothing. I then used CleanRip, got to about 85% and then it told me the DVD motor stopped. But when I made it in CFG, I load the game, it freezes for about five seconds, and then kicks me out to the HBC menu. I cleaned the disc to get any dust off of it, and it still didn't work. What's going on?! I installed all the WADs (cIOS, etc) that ModMii generated before getting my HDD last week, so, who knows. Oddly enough, the game itself loads find via the Disc Channel, but not on CFG. What can I do?

Games I ripped to HDD

Donkey Kong Country Returns
Mario Kart Wii
Dawn of the New World
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Twilight Princess

The first four work, TP does NOT.

That doesn't make sense.

Here's a MS Word document that shows all installed cIOSes http://www.filefactory.com/file/cc843a0/n/sysCheck.csv

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how you managed to load CFG loader or run any games whatsoever, you don't have cIOS. You need to follow a hacking guide and install a cIOS. Try doing that than re-ripping the game. If it doesn't work, try ripping the game in USB Loader GX

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shano56 said:
I'm not sure how you managed to load CFG loader or run any games whatsoever, you don't have cIOS. You need to follow a hacking guide and install a cIOS. Try doing that than re-ripping the game. If it doesn't work, try ripping the game in USB Loader GX

That would certainly explain the odd behavior. D'oh! What cIOS guide do you recommend? ModMii? That's what I used, but if there's something better, please let me know.

I did however, install these files via MMM, which the ModMii guide generated http://www.filefactory.com/file/cc84349/n/wre.bmp so I may have uploaded the wrong file (that is, the Word document). Yeah, I just realized that.

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just rehack your wii with modmii and you'll be good.

Note: Some douche nozzles reported modmii as being infected with virus's so your virus scanner may bring up false positives. Just ignore them they aren't virus's

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryoku83 said:

Note: Some douche nozzles reported modmii as being infected with virus's so your virus scanner may bring up false positives. Just ignore them they aren't virus's

AdAware came up with a false positive, wouldn't let me add it to a whitelist, so I got rid of AdAware. Should I even install the option that makes the Wii safe from bricks (the WADs you can install with ModMii)?

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the_randomizer said:
Ryoku83 said:

AdAware came up with a false positive, wouldn't let me add it to a whitelist, so I got rid of AdAware. Should I even install the option that makes the Wii safe from bricks (the WADs you can install with ModMii)?

Your choice

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shano56 said:
the_randomizer said:
Ryoku83 said:

Your choice

Okay, and once I do that, I'll dump a txt file indicating what has been installed, etc and hopefully, the bloody thing will load Twilight Princess. Oy gevalt, this is frustrating.

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the_randomizer said:
Ryoku83 said:

Yea the extra brick protection is always nice. Wont take much longer to install it all either.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Next time you want to post a list of IOS's, follow the syscheck guide in my signature.

Yeaaaah, Sorry about that. I feel kinda bad for not doing that.
frown.gif

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the_randomizer said:
JoostinOnline said:
Next time you want to post a list of IOS's, follow the syscheck guide in my signature.

frown.gif

Lulz don't sweat it bro it's all good just use the advice for next time xD

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shano56 said:
the_randomizer said:
JoostinOnline said:

frown.gif

Lulz don't sweat it bro it's all good just use the advice for next time xD

Will do
biggrin.gif

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dexter222 said:
When I answered you in the other thread I assumed you'd already installed your cIOS DOH!

I highly recommend d2x v6 249[56] and 250[57]

Looks like those were downloaded via ModMii (in the Wad folder in COPY_TO_SD), so once I use MMM, they will be installed. That might explain why Snes9xGx freaked out on me. It's times like this I feel I don't deserve help from you guys.

UPDATE 10:08 AM - Installed all necessary WADs via MMM and attempting to reinstall Twilight Princess via CFG. It darn well better work this time and not give me a 500MB wfbs file! Do I need to do anything else?

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the love of all that's holy! IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!!

Will post system information momentarily - Assuming SysCheck doesn't stay on "testing cIOS vulnerabilities" for five minutes. Do I change the cIOS under MMM or what? It didn't give me a choice to scan the cIOSes with SysCheck, it just started the second I opened it up. Then the DVD slot started blinking.

Here is my SysCheck Report
sysCheck v2.0.1 by Double_A
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 49911157
Boot2 v4

Found 105 titles.
Found 48 IOS on this console. 6 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 14889): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): No Patches
IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 16687): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS80 (rev 6944): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS202 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS222 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS223 (rev 4): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249 (rev 21006): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 21006): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10

Report generated on 2011/07/24.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the syscheck. You don't need to apologize or feel bad about asking for help, if we didn't want to help you, we wouldn't have posted. Trust me, compared to some of the mistakes I've seen some people make (usually because they refuse to follow directions), you are an expert at this.
smile.gif

When was the last time you updated Cfg USB Loader? Almost all versions of Cfg (including the alphas and betas) are stable, but there have been a few versions that have problems.

The latest version is v70.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
Thanks for the syscheck. You don't need to apologize or feel bad about asking for help, if we didn't want to help you, we wouldn't have posted. Trust me, compared to some of the mistakes I've seen some people make (usually because they refuse to follow directions), you are an expert at this.
smile.gif

When was the last time you updated Cfg USB Loader? Almost all versions of Cfg (including the alphas and betas) are stable, but there have been a few versions that have problems.

I switched to v70-222 and tried that, but to no avail, so as a last ditch effort, I'm trying CleanRip. After that's done, I'll merge the ISO files and convert it to WBFS. I believe the command for that is "copy /b file1+file2 newfile". Newfile being "ISO", right?

Weird. The HDD motor shut off after twenty minutes. Curse you power-saving features!!

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
the_randomizer said:
JoostinOnline said:
smile.gif

I switched to v70-222 and tried that, but to no avail, so as a last ditch effort, I'm trying CleanRip. After that's done, I'll merge the ISO files and convert it to WBFS. I believe the command for that is "copy /b file1+file2 newfile". Newfile being "ISO", right?

Weird. The HDD motor shut off after twenty minutes. Curse you power-saving features!!
Don't bother with CleanRip, your just going to keep having this problem. Use the regular version of Cfg v70 and see if that works.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JoostinOnline said:
the_randomizer said:
JoostinOnline said:
smile.gif

Don't bother with CleanRip, your just going to keep having this problem. Use the regular version of Cfg v70 and see if that works.

I tried that too but to no avail. I'm thinking some stupid power-saving feature is kicking in.

HDD Info

Brand: Western Digital
Model: MyPassport (midnight black)
Size: 500GB
Partition: FAT32, which is the recommended one

This is listed as one of the many compatible HDDs that work with USB loaders

I've tried both v70 and v70-222 versions of CFG but neither can rip an image larger than 494MB. The game should be around 1.4GB.

If after doing all this, and it still doesn't work, then the disc is screwed up. Right now I'm attempting to write to an 8GB SD card to bypass it.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
the_randomizer said:
I tried that too but to no avail. I'm thinking some stupid power-saving feature is kicking in.

HDD Info

Brand: Western Digital
Model: MyPassport (midnight black)
Size: 500GB
Partition: FAT32, which is the recommended one

This is listed as one of the many compatible HDDs that work with USB loaders

I've tried both v70 and v70-222 versions of CFG but neither can rip an image larger than 494MB. The game should be around 1.4GB.

If after doing all this, and it still doesn't work, then the disc is screwed up. Right now I'm attempting to write to an 8GB SD card to bypass it.
I just looked it up on the compatibility list and you have to take a few extra steps before using it.
QUOTEInstall the drive on a Computer, Update its firmware from WD website, install SmartWare software, on SmartWare Software disable the Hibernation/Power Saving mode (it will be applied directly to the firmware) - Uninstall everything from WD, Backup the driver folder on the drive and remove all other folders from the drive - Partition as required and use

Btw, My TP game (USA) is 1.07GB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s