Twilight Princess USA on Pal Wii doesn't work

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Timbaman, Jul 10, 2007.

Jul 10, 2007
  1. Timbaman
    OP

Newcomer Timbaman Member

United Kingdom
    I noticed that Twilight Princess wii pal version doesn't really have progressive scan (480p), and I wanted to try out the NTSC version to see if that made any difference.
    According to the region free compatibility list here on gbatemp, it should work, but it just shows up in the Wii menu, and when I run the game it's just a black screen and the console locks up.
    I have a wiikey installed, I tried patching it (even though that shouldn't make a difference) and it just doesn't work. Tried different media with which I've had good results.

Has anyone got a solution to this problem or is the list incorrect?

2. Kilvearn

Newcomer Kilvearn Member

Switzerland
    I also would really like to know if it's possible...
    I know the compatibility list says that it doesn't work, but now that we have Trucha Signer, isn't there a way to make the US version compatible with PAL Wiis ? (Like for No More Heroes ?)
    It would be really great, since the PAL version doesn't have true Progressive Scan...
    Would anyone know if it's possible and the way to do it ?

Thanks a lot in advance !

3. MrN !

Newcomer MrN ! Member

New Zealand
    NTSC TP works fine with Freeloader on a PAL wii here.
    What do you mean "Doesn't really have progressive scan" ?

4. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    hmm really? i didn't notice much difference, i have a legit copy of twilight princess pal and the game still looks great :S

5. Kilvearn

Newcomer Kilvearn Member

Switzerland
    It works with Freeloader ? Great, thanks !
    Do you know if I have first to use "RegionFrii" on the iso ?

jalaneme > Unfortunately, it has been said (and Nintendo finally confirmed it...) that there is no real 480p for the PAL version... The Wii sends a 480p signal to the tv, but it looks kind of "blurred" compared to the Gamecube NTSC version. If you have the possibility to compare these two versions, you'll see the difference.
    On the other hand, the GC version has no 16:9... :-/

So the "ultimate" version is the Wii NTSC one (16:9 + real Progressive Scan) ;-)