Twilight Princess box-art remade by me, The Teej

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by The Teej, Sep 18, 2006.

Sep 18, 2006
  1. The Teej
    OP

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom
    Taken from this picture snapped up at a Wii event, I've re-created it in photoshop to the best of my abilities, and I've also made a GCN version. Oh, and at the time of making these the Super Monkey Ball boxart wasn't released, so I didn't just 'rip' the header from another pic [​IMG] Totally re-created too, lol.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

-- The Teej

2. Samutz

Member Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

United States
    Nice.

I wish I could get a framed poster of the original artwork though. It's so friggin cool.

3. .TakaM

Member .TakaM .II

New Zealand
    put it in boxes of windwaker then hit up ebay [​IMG]

4. Covarr

Member Covarr Sentient Cash Register

United States
  5. The Teej
    OP

United Kingdom
    Where's the white border, like in the photo?

6. lookout

Member lookout GBAtemp Board Room

United Kingdom
    what the different from Twilight Princess on Wii and GC? (the game)

this is just the controller?

7. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    The Wii version only supports the Wii controller and runs in 16:9, the cube version only supports the cube controller and runs in 4:3.
    Other than that they are the same.

8. TheStump

Member TheStump Got Wood?

Australia
    are the graphics the same?

i FKn hope not

BTW you can still use that normal controller cant you, that retro one they made, im sure thats gunna be compatible with the game.

9. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    The graphics are said to be enhanced for the wii but there hasn't be any comparision, and you can only use the Wii-mote + nuchuck.

EDIT: Made a mistake about the graphics now changed.

10. imgod22222

Member imgod22222 GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member

United States
    SWEET!
    Nintendo and ESRB symbols look a bit small (proportionally) compared to the rest of the boxart.
    But in my opinion, that's impossible to photoshop from the first picture. First you would have to fix if from a parallogram to a rectangle, which would make distortion, and then enlarging it THAT much will cause so much pixelation its not even funny. IMO i think you just took it from a different site, and then stuck a smaller ESRB and Nintendo logo on it.

11. The Teej
    OP

United Kingdom
    The PSD I got which included the Gamecube Header and the ESRB logos (I did have my own one, but this one was far superior). The Nintendo logo I got from google, which I shrunk down. The Background I took from the currently offline ZeldaPower.com, this was also shrunken down (because the original size dimensions were in the thousands). I grabbed a colour (#bba768), filled a layer with it, applied a colour layer filter @ 90% opacity to make the golden effect you see.

For the Wii header, I drew two lines, one for the left bit and one for the right, aligning them up exactly where they were in the photo. I use a circle to start the slant connecting the two lines, and then used a line tool to finish off the rest of the slant nearer the bottom of the header (seen as just a circle wouldn't suffice). I grabbed a Wii logo off google and slapped it on there, after a bit of transformation to make sure the size matched the one in the photo.

And, well, yeah...that's it :-p

Oh, and here's 3 screenies from the photoshop file, and one extra screenie which I did for a laugh.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Oh, and here is the boxart from the joke screenie if you're into that sort of thing...lol.

Sorry if you still think I ripped the box from someone else and tacked on an ESRB and Nintendo logo, but I can't really prove it any other way (unless you think of something).