Hacking Twilight Hack says I'm having too old IOS's

Eplez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi there,

I have a bit of a problem going on here. I have blown the dust of my old Wii (FW 2.1E) and was going to use the twilight hack on it.

After loading up the save and when I'm going to install the Homebrew Channel, i get the following message:
"...Homebrew channel requires any ios newer than or equal to ios21...".

I got a hold of a file called "IOS21-64-v514.wad.out.wad" (from the Trauma Center game).

How do I advance from here? Will updating IOS 21 be enough, or will there be other IOS and Channels that haven't been updated that can crash if my Wii is semi updated?

If updating ISO 21 is enough, should i just
* Put WadImport (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WadImport) and the IOS in question on a SD card
* Import the IOS
* Put HBC on the SD card and install?

In advance, thanks!
biggrin.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Updating to 3.2 is recommend anyways, but just installing IOS21 should do it. If WadImport fails, try WAD Manager. And i would install IOS36v1042 too if you are able to get that wad.

Eplez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks for the quick reply!

I extracted IOS36-64-v1042.wad.out.wad as well.

But how could I upgrade specifically to 3.2? I assume if I use the online updater, I'll go straight to 4.0.

dark42

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You could update to 4.0 through Nintendo, and use bannerbomb and Bootmii installer to install HBC. Why do you want to go to 3.2?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes the online updater goes straight to 3.2.

Just try to install IOS21 and IOS36 first. Then install the HBC. And then take a closer look at AnyRegionChanger.

dark42 said:
You could update to 4.0 through Nintendo, and use bannerbomb and Bootmii installer to install HBC. Why do you want to go to 3.2?

Because on 4.0 every IOS is trucha fixed. Why 2.1.>4.0->3.2/4.0 hybrid* if 2.1->3.2/4.0 hybrid is directly possible?

*That's how i would call the firmware most people here use. That's all 3.2 IOS + all IOS from 4.0 that are not included in 3.2 + patched IOS60 and 4.0 system menu(optional, the alternative is of course the 3.2 system menu).

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Use one of the 4.0 upgrade guides that are around here somewhere. If you are going to use Waninkokos Updater also use IOS Downgrader to upgrade your IOSs.

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
update from "samba de amigo",
it has the latest 3.1 v4 on it.

then search the torrent sites for 3.2 offline-upgrade
it's the wads for ios30 & 3.2 sysmenu.
bung them in with wad-manager after you install hbc & cios10.

make sure both the game & wads are for your region first!!!

Eplez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Just wanted to thank everyone once more for your quick replies =D

I've installed IOS21 and IOS36 and added the homebrew channel.

I tried to update to 3.2E via Any Region Changer, but it didn't seem to like my network (although HBC says the network is initialized and shows me the correct IP)

@steve-p

I assume i would need to install "WiiGators Gamma 0.3 loader" if I were to run a Samba De Amigo backup to update to 3.1 v4? Is there anything else I need to take into consideration before doing that? Don't want to brick my wii at the finish line
tongue.gif

steve-p

Trophies
XP
Country
assumed you had a chip!
my bad
frown.gif

is your network encrypted?
try disabling the encryption to do an upgrade.

Eplez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Oh, lol.

Disabled encryption and it's installing and going through stuff now although the first line after network initialization was:

Error! isfs_open (ret = -106)

Will edit this post and keep you posted (no pun intended
tongue.gif
)

Edit:
Update went well.. Rebooted after installation and it now says 3.2 in the options. Also installed cIOS v9

Just need to read up more on the starfall / gamma thing if I need both to run backups (going to order USB HDD, but will use my DVD's for a couple of weeks)
Installed preloader 0.29 and set it to use IOS36, but it won't load games from the disc channel. Only says "Unable to read disc".

Also the HBC apps looks a little wank. Doesn't show descriptions, version numbers etc etc like i've seen on the youtube videos. Found out I either a) Had to get the Homebrew Browser, or b) Manually add the meta.xml files to the folders

I guess all in all, it was a success. Thanks once again
biggrin.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Eplez said:
Installed preloader 0.29 and set it to use IOS36, but it won't load games from the disc channel. Only says "Unable to read disc".

Seriously, where did you get the information that preloader loads backups? You are not the first one thinking that? (it's totally wrong)

preloader,BootMii, the twilight hack, starfall, HBC, DVDx,Gecko OS, team twizzers, bushing, marcan, sven peter,Nuke, brkirch .. these are all things or persons that have absolutely nothing to do with backups. The persons are in fact strictly against backups because they know backup mostly means pirated copy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: