Twilight Hack question...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by zidane_genome, May 21, 2008.

May 21, 2008
  1. zidane_genome
    OP

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    Before I go and screw my Wii up, was wondering if anyone else has tried this...

If I want to keep the TPHack on my Wii, is it possiable to just start a new game in slot 2 or 3? Will that effect the hack, or the game, or even the Wii?

Feeling a bit nostalgic, and was gonna run through TP again.

2. SenorClean

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    You probably can... but why risk it?

I just back up my TP save to SD card, copy that to my computer, then apply the TP hack. Then copy my savegame back from my computer to SD to the Wii.

Now that we have a WAD installer channel, you should only have to run the TP hack once. And even if you have to do it again, it's not the end of the world.

3. KanoBlade

Newcomer KanoBlade Member

Canada
    Many people have used the TP hack, basically if you use the common download links stickied in this forum, you can download the Wad Installer & Uninstaller channels so you won't have to keep using TP (you need to use TP hack first to install the channels but after you don't need to use it again), it will create a channel on the wii menu that you can use like a regular wii channel. I just backed up my save, installed the channels and copied my save back over.

Just make sure you have enough blocks free before you plan to install anything.

4. dimmujed

Member dimmujed GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Seriously I see your posts more than anyones and you are asking this? Why? Do you not read half the threads you post in?

5. Sir VG

Member Sir VG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yes, you can. The only thing that the TPH does is modify the name of Epona in Slot 1, which allows the hack to happen.

But yes, as stated, what's the point? Just backup your TP save, run the hack, install some useful wads like the Homebrew Launcher Channel, WAD Installer/Uninstaller Channels, or Homebrew Channel, and you'll never need to use that save file again.