Midnightzak

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Helping a friend with the Twilight Hack / Homebrew Channel install.

Installed the Zelda TH save files and can successfully start the hack, however when the Wii starts to load the ELF file it instantly gets an error. "C1000002"

Ive done a bit of looking around and can't seem to nail it down. I think he may have the latest firmware on the Wii, so that may be it.

Any help or suggestions are welcome, thanks!

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Shouldn't be a problem with the firmware. Except maybe if it's a firmware that is to old.
Check which system menu version he has and check the homebrew channel installer elf. Redownload it and check that it is in the root of the SD-card and called boot.elf

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
what size SD card are you using and what have you got on the card itself ?
I believe there may be an issue like that if there isnt enough space on the SD card.

I have used 1 gig and 2 gig and both worked ok - i havent tried anything smaller. If you have enough space try my ZIP file and see if that helps the install - theres a step by step and the files work for NTSC and PAL

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had the same problem myself, zak. download the official (free) panasonic SD card format tool, install it on your pc and use it to format your card to fat16 and wipe your card clean with it (back up anything you don't want to lose) put the boot.elf back on and give it a shot!

Mark McDonut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it has something to do with how the sectors are laid out, I did a quick format to fat16 when I was having issues before but it wasn't until I did a full format (which I speculate rebuilt the entire structure) that I had no issues.

Let us know if it worked out for you, zak. Might be a good quick fix for others if I'm correct. Also make sure you grab the file from wiibrew.org, as it's what I used.

Midnightzak

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea, not trying to be condescending but I do know what I'm doing. I've got the right files, I've successfully done this on my personal Wii, used many programs, blah blah blah.

I will try the Panasonic formatter, I remember needing to do that on my 2gb card. His card (which ive already told him to replace) is only a 8mb card. But the files on the car shouldn't matter as long as I can get the boot.elf file on there, which is no problem. I did also try the same file on my 2gb card in his Wii but it also failed, but a different error.

I'm honestly a little puzzled, hopefully the formatter works cuz I'm about to tell him that it's not worth it
smile.gif

Thanks for the ideas!

Mark McDonut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know the Wii can only support up to 2gb cards, that might be your problem, try the panasonic tool on your 2gb card and let us know how it goes.

EDIT: oops I mis-read that as 8gb, I'd reccomend a 1 or 2 gb card though either way, I'm not sure what goes on during the installation but it may use more space on the card for temporary files as it creates the channel, or considering it's size, It might just be too outdated of a card.

8mb really doesn't leave you much room for homebrew either....

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It wont work on an 8 MB card or even a 16 MB card - 32 MB is the min requirements for this as far as im aware. The wii needs some write space to do some editing of files on the SD card and there just isnt enough space left on that one.

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
TH doesn't support FAT12. FAT12 is the default format for small cards. Get it formatted as FAT16 or FAT32.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: