Twiilight hack and backup launching

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by rainrix, Mar 8, 2008.

Mar 8, 2008
  1. rainrix
    OP

Newcomer rainrix Member

United States
    Is it complicated to make a homebrew that simply launch the a backup disc using the TH?

2. CrimsoniteX

Member CrimsoniteX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes, because the hardware of the system checks the authenticity of the disc, not the software. The best be could do is maybe dump a backup ISO and load it from an SD card, or external hard drive via USB.

3. rainrix
    OP

Newcomer rainrix Member

United States
    Are you saying reading burned discs without a modchip is completly impossible even if we swap discs?

4. CrimsoniteX

Member CrimsoniteX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I wouldn't say COMPLETELY impossible, but I would say virtually impossible, if that makes any sense. Even if it was possible though, it would be quite some time before we had the control we need over the hardware to do something like that. And by that time, we would have something much more efficient than the TP hack.

Edit: Even with swapping discs, the wii check disc authenticity several times, not just at bootup.

5. manias

Member manias GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    I'd say we can load isos from an sdcard sooner than on a burned disc

6. MaHe

Member MaHe one lazy schmo

Slovenia
    I wouldn't mind loading the ISOs from an external hard-drive. However, don't expect it anytime soon - the hardware needs to be fully examined before any real software can be written. I'd give it at least 6 months, if not a year.

7. Xeronage

Member Xeronage GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Actually using the Twilight hack its quite simple once you figure out how to access the disk drive.

Thing is, the guys working on all of this dont support piracy, thus wont do it. It isnt needed for homebrew anyway