TWEWY Frezzing Question (I want to ask about the fix)

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by shattering, May 18, 2009.

1. shattering
    OP

Newcomer shattering Member

Indonesia
    First of all, I'm really confused where to put this question, so if I'm on the wrong forum, please don't get mad at me.

Yesterday, I just bought a new DS lite. I have been away from the scene for about 1 year (because I bought an xbox360 which is having an RROD now). I bought the Acekard 2i for my flash card.

So, to my anticipation, I wanted to play this game - The World Ends With You (U) - which I heard had great review from all over.

So, I put the latest Acekard software 4.16 to my Mini SD (I'm using a 4GB Mini SDHC Kingston made in Taiwan) and put the game also.

I run it...And as you all know (which I don't at the moment) the game freeze when Neku meets the other guy in a cut scene just after I ran from the frog...I don't know his name..yet [​IMG]

So I search the net, trying to find a fix for this, then I found that opening and closing the DS will help me get past that freeze.

Now, I have a question:
    I open and close the DS for about 20-30 times, just to get past that freeze. Is this going to affect the DS lite? I mean, does opening and closing your console on such short intervals (sleep mode on - sleep mode off - sleep mode on - sleep mode off - sleep mode on - sleep mode off - and so on) will break anything on my DS? Hardware or Software? Since I don't really understand how sleep mode works on a DS.

Now, before you rambling about using AKAIO...well, I kinda forgot about that and decided to use the Akecard Software. After I remembered AKAIO, I quickly formated my SD and install AKAIO. And yes, the problem does not occur while using AKAIO.

Yeah, I know, kinda stupid if you ask me...Should have used AKAIO from the beginning...

Any help on my question is really appreciated [​IMG]

2. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    no worries, your DS will be just fine [​IMG]

It's made to do stuff like that, and I've actually open and closed my DS (while it was on) many times, just out of boredom, everything has always worked great.

edit: in retrospect, even though my DS is fine, I should really stop doing that...

3. dsrules

Member dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

it would hurt your ds lite if you use too much force, you might rip it apart or make the top screen loosen..just becareful with it

4. shattering
    OP

Newcomer shattering Member

Indonesia
    I don't use any force at all. Just flipping it without even making a "click" sound.