TWEWY fix for M3 real

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Klx5, Jun 22, 2008.

Jun 22, 2008

TWEWY fix for M3 real by Klx5 at 4:30 PM (4,082 Views / 0 Likes) 21 replies

1. Klx5
    OP

Newcomer Klx5 Advanced Member

United States
    is there any, has anyone found a way to fix the freezing problem in the video

2. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    try different microSD's and microSD format settings.
    i have no problems with a sandisk class2 4GB using default windows formatting settings(fat32)
    while that specific microSD is known to be the cause for many people.

3. MaXiM

Newcomer MaXiM Member

South Africa
    I just have to delete the save game it created with an older firmware version to get mine back on track. It was freezing using a Kingston and a Transcend MicroSD. Fixed itself letting the M3 Create a new Save file after a firmware update....Now using a Sandisk 8GB SDHC microSD and all it good... [​IMG]

4. daisun

Newcomer daisun Member

Australia
    I haven't experienced any problems with the game so far... having said that, i'm only on day 2.

5. thedicemaster

Netherlands
    the movie that causes problems is on day1, so you already passed that.

6. daisun

Newcomer daisun Member

Australia
    Oh wow [​IMG] . I put the game on expecting the worse. I was prepared for it to crash at an minute but the game just kept going and I found myself wanting to save and quit...

Before I put the game on though I did format my card (Kingston MicroSD 2gb MiJ) because DSOrganise created a corrupted text file and sakura wouldn't load. Hope this is helpful for some people.

7. Emanon

Newcomer Emanon Newbie

Norway
    I got around the problem by closing and opening my DS a few times during the video that caused the freeze. I have no clue why this works, but I have not had problems since.

8. thedicemaster

Netherlands
    my theory:
    the movie requires faster reading than a cheap, burned out, overfilled microSD can handle.
    when you close the DS it will continue to load ahead a bit, while the movie is frozen.
    this gives the DS some time to read data that would otherwise come too late.

9. Inco

Newcomer Inco Newbie

Dominican Republic
    Hello,

I'm having problem running TWEWU.

It's start nice but when i'm in the intro the game just FREEZE [​IMG]

Any tips/patch that can help?

Im running my DS REAL with M3 Manager v3.7e... not sure if the game is USA or EUR.

10. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Inco, the problem will be the same no matter which version of the ROM you use. Dice, that was my theory too (and I think Joe thought of it too at one point).

Solution: as Emanon pointed out, opening and closing the DS whilst the movie runs will get you past the freeze, at the cost of not being able to watch it normally. This'll let the DS cache further ahead in the cinematic from the MicroSD card.

Otherwise, if you want a "true" fix for it, get a better MicroSD card. Avoid SanDisk and get one of the more pricier brands, and if you can - get a class 6 card (although some say that class 4 or class 2 works too). Check the other threads for recommendations on MicroSD brands.

11. IAmTheRad

Member IAmTheRad GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Okay, firstly, on slot 2, it's NOT quality of the SD card. It freezes on my M3 Lite Perfect during this scene with latest fw and manager. I have a Kingston 2gb Japan, and don't see any other problems with any other games.

Secondly, I also get this problem on, guess what, my g6 lite. That's internal memory. It freezes at the SAME spot. And my G6 Lite is latest fw and manager as well. It's a problem with M3/G6 (for slot 2) software. Not your microsd card in this case, since one (g6 lite) has NO card at all, and it's all internal.

12. PKGINGO

Member PKGINGO GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Incorrect, the Japanese version of the game does not have this problem, at least on the DS-X.... Hint hint wink wink [​IMG]

13. gordonuts

Newcomer gordonuts Member

United States
    I had the same exact problem. If it's freezing at the frog battle, update your firmware, if its freezing after the battle during the cinema, open and close the ds repeatedly until past the point it usually freezes (after the 2 characters pass each other), to allow the buffer to catch up. Problem solved [​IMG]

14. llatnik

Newcomer llatnik Advanced Member

Australia
    I had the freezing problem and this fixed it for me too, just open and close the lid like crazy al through the video... i have had a few people tell me why this cant possibly work, and i have also done it myself woot for nonsense solutions, after that though there are no more potential freezes

15. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
    The opening and closing didn't work at my M3Real,
    so I tried this:
    Turn on everything (cheats, softreset, slowmotion (lvl 5 or something? The highest [​IMG])).
    Then, just play it through, untill you are at the little cutscene with the black hat guy.
    Then, turn the slowmotion on and off (with the button combo you set up) like you're some crazy guy...
    And, there you go, you're past the cutscene! [​IMG]

16. mercenary96

Member mercenary96 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I also tested some things with the world ends with you. it doesn't metter if your micro sd is fresh formated or not. also the micro sd-card doesn't really matter. I tried to extract the game with ds lazy and found the intro file. I tested to use the japanese intro instead of the english one, but I still got the same result (i found the right one because the tilte "The World ands with you" was in japanese). Sometimes it works and sometimes not. The open and close method seemed to work one time but then when I tried to make the same thing again on my friends nds (same micro sd card and game) the game didn't get past the video and I tried it over 4 times I think. One thing wich really works is to change the intro video with some other file, for example the last video with the credits, you may have some glitches because the other cut-scenes don't have the same lengh and the screen will stay black for some time, until the music ended, but this way you will get arround 100%. Maybe someone will find out how to fix the file. Also it doesn't matter if you use USA or EUR version because they both seem to be the same. Cyclo DS for example gets arround the game without any problems.

EDIT: and wabsta, how did you enable the slowmotion?, i wanted to try the same but somehow it never worked for me ...
    Is it assumed to have cheats enabled for slowmotion, and does it also work on sakura?

17. IAmTheRad

Member IAmTheRad GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    The slow mo method is basically a cheap way of doing the open/close method. When you're past Beat (yes, that's his name. You find out in day 3), then the video goes fine without any more freezing. If you ever revisit day 1 week 1 (you might) you'll still get the freezing with the video.

It's the ONLY video in the game that freezes. I've played the game and beat it, and that's the only video that gives trouble. I can safely conclude it's the one video, and nothing else in the game.

18. Monster On Strin

Member Monster On Strin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Why havent I have any problems?

P.S. Im using a 3/4 th filled 4gb kingston

19. tau

Newcomer tau Member

Australia
    Have an m3 Real, finished the game with no problems at all.

20. mercenary96

Member mercenary96 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    How often did you see the first intro ? Maybe you just had luck and got past it with your first try. As IAmTheRad and the others say, its only the first video which makes trouble, I also finished the game once without any new problems.
    If you want to know our problem, just backup your savegame anywhere and start a new game (or select the first day on your second play through) and you have got a high chance of seeing the bug. As I said, sometimes it works, and sometimes not...

[If you are on your second play trough you can get arround the buggy scene very easy, because you can skip videos by pressing L+R]