TWEWY AKRPG Problems

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by golden, Jul 26, 2008.

Jul 26, 2008

TWEWY AKRPG Problems by golden at 9:35 AM (1,611 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. golden
    OP

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    Hey guys, I have a Japan made Toshiba 2GB MicroSD and when I went to enjoy The World Ends With You on my Acekard RPG it always froze on a single part of the intro where Niku runs past some people. I moved it over to the NAND and it worked flawlessly but now I am confused as to why it didn't work on the MicroSD in the first place. I thought Japan made MicroSDs were fast enough to play all games. Are there some games like TWEWY that just don't work on MicroSDs or what? That would mean the AK2 can't play it at all if that's the case and I HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt that's the case so what could be the problem? PS: I am using AKAIO 1.0 custom firmware. Thanks in advance and thanks for your time. [​IMG]

2. Swip

Member Swip GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    This part right?
    [​IMG]

It should only be that part that freezes. After that it plays perfectly on the MicroSD on the ak2 and rpg.

3. logical thinker

Member logical thinker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    The card reader of the AKRPG is slow and the 2GB Toshiba JAPAN is slower than the 1GB, so this problem is "normal". Just copy the game to NAND, that is faster than class6 MicroSDHCs.

4. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    TWEWY ran fine on my SD as well as the integrated memory so not sure what the deal is. Have you tried an untrimmed rom? I had a freezing problem during the ending until I used one.

5. golden
    OP

Member golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

United States
    The ROM is untrimmed. Can you tell me the firmware and the SD card you were using?

Thanks for all your help guys.

6. ROM Troll

Member ROM Troll GBAtemp Regular

United States
    He's talking about the interface the AKRPG uses to read from and write to SDcards. I noticed a game loading faster on the AK2 than the AKRPG but I cannot confirm what it was a result from.

7. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I was using whichever Bliss loader was around at the time. My SD is a 1GB Kingston 0710U77648U SD-C01G JAPAN. It's just the one I have for my cell phone.

8. logical thinker

Member logical thinker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    Yes, the card slot of the AK2 is a little faster than the card slot of the AKRPG.