Gaming Tvii

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
No, it doesn't use internet unless you're using Netflix etc; it uses your TV's input. It's essentially a TV guide. You enter the information of your box and the pad uses its IR to act like a universal remote and switch your TV/digibox to the channel you choose, and then the guide that shows live information and the message board uses the internet. The Wii U doesn't do any streaming of the show itself for the live TV part, it just manipulates your television.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
No, it doesn't use internet unless you're using Netflix etc; it uses your TV's input. It's essentially a TV guide. You enter the information of your box and the pad uses its IR to act like a universal remote and switch your TV/digibox to the channel you choose, and then the guide that shows live information and the message board uses the internet. The Wii U doesn't do any streaming of the show itself for the live TV part, it just manipulates your television.
So it is a kind of smart TV but without TV? :blink:

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

Thanks for the clarification.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
So it is a kind of smart TV but without TV? :blink:

No, it depends upon the TV to run. It's just essentially a live message board and information centre that's synchronised to whatever you happen to be watching on your TV.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yet another feature to curl up in a fetal position and cry over as it isn't available outside of the US and Canada.
Seriously though, Nintendo TVii seems absolutely fantastic, and it's such a shame the rest of the world doesn't have access to it (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Instant, etc)
During the Nintendo Direct presentation yesterday the TVii bit in particular is what interests me. I don't want to use a VPN, dammit!

D

Deleted_171835

Personally, I think it looks really awesome. Nice way to consolidate all my media in one easy to access place. Nintendo really is trying to make the Wii U the #1 home-entertainment box.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow this feature is so amazing I definitely don't have this on my Xbox 360.

Seriously it's just all the features that every other console already has under a broader banner. Oh and they don't have the film/music distribution services of their competitors or any of that.

So yeah.

D

Deleted_171835

Wow this feature is so amazing I definitely don't have this on my Xbox 360.

Seriously it's just all the features that every other console already has under a broader banner. Oh and they don't have the film/music distribution services of their competitors or any of that.

So yeah.
In case you didn't know, this hooks up with your cable box and DVR too.

What this does is put all your services in one unified application allowing for easy access and an enhanced experience.

You want to watch Mad-Men? Go on the app and it'll give you all the places to watch it (if it's on cable, Netflix or Hulu+, etc.)

Watching a movie, get actor info and details on the Wii U Pad. Even the ability to screen-shot a scene and share it on Twitter, Facebook or Miiverse.

Viewing a football game, get player stats and plays on the Wii U Pad.

Honestly this is quite ingenious.

And on your Xbox, you have to pay for Xbox Live Gold to even use Netflix and other services. So there's that.

Reactions: 2 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted_171835

And this (^) guys is what happens when a person refuses to acknowledge any points that don't fit in with his bias.

I've already detailed how SmartGlass is different. SmartGlass doesn't consolidate all your media (including cable, Netflix, etc.) into one application for easy access. SmartGlass doesn't connect with your cable television and allow you to search listings or access your DVR. They're completely different.

nunavat2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet another feature to curl up in a fetal position and cry over as it isn't available outside of the US and Canada.
Seriously though, Nintendo TVii seems absolutely fantastic, and it's such a shame the rest of the world doesn't have access to it (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Instant, etc)
During the Nintendo Direct presentation yesterday the TVii bit in particular is what interests me. I don't want to use a VPN, dammit!
In Canada? No it will not be available in Canada.

D

Deleted_171835

In Canada? No it will not be available in Canada.
They confirmed that it will be.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/13/nintendo-tvii-carriers/

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the 360 already has integration for fiostv, you can watch live tv and access the listings as long as you connected to the same internet connection that your fiostv is on

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c