TVC weird controls after CIOS 20

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by joybeba6679, Sep 13, 2010.

Sep 13, 2010
  1. joybeba6679
    OP

Member joybeba6679 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi to all, I have a 3.4U Wii with CIOS rev 20b and using USBloader GX, the Wii was on a lower CIOS but had to upgrade it to play other M, anyways that one is done so I went to play Tatsunoko vs capcom ultimate all stars, which used to work perfectly on the lower CIOS rev, with the TVC fightstick and now it acts weird, sometimes if I jump the character does a move or a super or something different, I first though it was the stick being faulty but then I tried a classic pro controller and its doing the same thing. I then tried a gamecube controller and that one is working good.

Tried 2 different wiimotes and still get the same problem with both controllers, any idea on what could be wrong? Also tried both the stick and the classic controller with homebrew and they work perfect with those and with other wii games they do work too, this seems to be happening just to TVC. thanks in advance!

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    install and old cIOS and then set cIOS20 to a diferent IOS slot, and set GX Loader to run under cIOS20 for the newer games only...!!

3. joybeba6679
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the reply, thing is I dont know which CIOS rev I had before I installed rev 20, could you tell me which is a good CIOS rev and point me on to how to do what u suggested? Thanks

4. smf

Member smf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    You could start with 19, there aren't that many to go through.

5. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    i suggest 17 i still have 17 in slot249, rev20 is in 250

6. joybeba6679
    OP

United States
    Ok, so I burned the game to a DVD-R and launched it with Neogamma 8, from the DVD it works perfectly, controls are perfect from the DVD but with either USBloader Gx or Wiiflow I keep getting the controls problem, could it be that my Hard Disk is almost dying?

7. chonka

Newcomer chonka Member

Australia
    Ive noticed a very similar (you could probably say exactly) the same issues with Cooking Mama also.

eg. when you need to hold a fish with the B button to move it, it keeps being dropped. Loading the game from original disc all works perfectly. The thing i want to know is is this a global issue with cios20b or not?

ive also tried hermes v4 and all is fine using that.

EDIT: reinstalled cios rev19 and everything works fine in the game now (im wondering also if cios rev20b was the reason for getting i higher the normal rate of error messages in monster hunter tri also but not sure, ill just use hermes v4 for that one.)