Gaming TV output on psp slim

n3rd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Can I play on a TV with the video output of the pspslim or is only for watching divx ?

blush.gif

big thx

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you will need the component set (5 rca-ended cables [red,green,blue,red,white]) in order to view games on your television (and of course a television that supports component input).

the s-video set will allow you to view umd movies and display photos, but will not transfer the game signal to the television.

this was a poor decision in my opinion and what that is not clearly spelled out on the packaging for the cables.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
n3rd said:
Can I play on a TV with the video output of the pspslim or is only for watching divx ?

blush.gif

big thx

As was stated, you need the component cable. If you own a slim with CFW, you can use a homebrew called FuSa (google it) to play games over the composite / s-video cables.

Honestly, though, the whole thing is a pain in the ass. The cable is too short. If you own a large screen TV, you have to stand in front of the TV in order for the stock component cable to reach.

A better solution is to play your PSP using RemoteJoy. A good build of that plug in is included in the Custom Firmware Extender v2.2 (CFE, google it). This lets you beam your PSP screen to your PC using a USB connection. It also lets you hook up a joystick to your PC and use it to control the PSP.

n3rd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
k big thx @all
smile.gif

thieves like us Can you put me a link on the coponement set cable ?

result is fine or not ? I read the review of PSP2TV on maxconsole and if the result seem like that I will continue playing on the little screen
smile.gif

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Opium said:
I'd never used remotejoy before. I just got it working on my slim with M33 3.90-3 using this guide. Very cool app.

I don't recommend the stand-alone versions of RemoteJoy (RJ). It has a bug that causes the PSP to freeze up if the PSP tries to access save data while video is enabled in RJ.

The versions of RJ included in CFE 2.2 and IRShell do not have this limitation.

CFE 2.2 RJ does not work with Valkyrie Pofile: Lenneth, but I have had it work with other games like flOw, Disgaea, and Ace Combat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone