Gaming TV-Out Cable

sfg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to buy a TV-Out cable for my PSP 2000 however I understand there are more types and I really don't know anything about such things. Basically, I want it to output games from emulators and PS1 games and sound too. Not much interested in PSP games or movies.

In case it matters, this is my TV: http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/televisions/pr...sp?model=20AF43
So, nothing special. Just a regular TV.

I would prefer to buy it from USA if possible.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
PSP 2000 Tv-Outs come in 2 forms Composite and Component. Component outputs at 480p only while Composites output at 480i only (the PSP is not supposed to do this so there must be some technical wizardry in it)
Anyway your TV is an old CRT so no Components for you, you need a composite cable (Yellow, Red and White)

The other option is using remotejoylite (assuming you have a CFW PSP) and outputting to your computer screen.

mayhem366

Trophies
XP
Country
RemoteJoyLite is pretty hardcore in terms of ouput, i used it when i had Vista but to get it work with 64bit OSes (7 in this case) is rather difficult.
I have done it but have purchased a Composite cable from dealextreme.
This does the trick with the tv just fine but you may find that you need the plugin FusaSD, for some reason, some of psp games/PS1 games work with just the cable and using sony's tv output mode and others don't. Is a bit strange.

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
composites are very cheap on eBay

I got mine from a seller named states.electronics and it works fine for movies

psp games look kinda crappy tho and didnt work for my copy of Castlevania SotN

havent tried emus yet

sfg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I got a composite cable, however I've got problems using it.

PSP games don't work, but that's not the problem. The problem is that PSX games don't work either, unless I use POPS above 5.00, but many games need older versions. Also, trying to start any emulator gives the same error as a PSP game (that I need to use a component cable and progressive display) and if I first launch the emulator and then hold the display button on the PSP to switch to the TV then it's just a black screen both on the PSP and the TV.

I also tried FuSa, but the menu doesn't appear for PSP games. I haven't tried in emulators. And anyway, it seems like with FuSa you get performance issues.

So, is there a way to do this? I use GEN D3 if it matters.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
With FuSa you get performance issues as its a plugin which has to be run outside the game, and for that its pretty good.
Make sure that the FuSa plugin is added to the POPS.txt and GAME.txt files for it to be functioning during Game and Popsloader play.

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You have to use the PSP component cable to play PSP games.
The composite cable is only for movies.

I did a lot of research before i bought my component cables.
Even then, the component only take up about 3/4 of your screen.
You will have caption bars on all 4 sides.

Hope this helps

EDIT: sorry, your tv doesnt have component... hmm, what about the Fusa program mentioned above.
I know there is a program (not sure if it is Fusa) where it turns your computer into a monitor for the PSP via a USB cable I think... not 100%...

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
suppachipmunk said:
You have to use the PSP component cable to play PSP games.
The composite cable is only for movies.

I did a lot of research before i bought my component cables.
Even then, the component only take up about 3/4 of your screen.
You will have caption bars on all 4 sides.

Hope this helps

Composites work on PSX titles as well (if running on the newest POPS anyway) also the FuSa plugin runs in the background and allows PSP games to be outputted in 480i to a CRT screen. There's a slight performance hit but you get that from any plugin

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok, thnx Jamstruth. I was told incorrectly.
But I do have the name of the homebrew that lets you output PSP to computer via USB if it helps.

its called "Remote Joy"

lol, But I see it was already mentioned in the top few posts.
Sorry, I'm out of ideas.
frown.gif

sfg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, as I found out my TV does seem to have component input. Of course, I may be mistaken, but that's what I got from the list of features (link in first post) and from the jacks that are on the back, so I ordered a component one as well. If this doesn't work either, well, no problem... just 3 dollars.

QUOTE said:
Make sure that the FuSa plugin is added to the POPS.txt and GAME.txt files for it to be functioning during Game and Popsloader play.

*slaps forehead*

Didn't think about that. Thanks.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
The entry should be something along the lines of

ms0:\seplugins\fusa.prx 1 (1 signifying that its active)

Also, just because your TV supports components does not mean it will support 480p (the mode used by the PSP) Components give a higher quality of picture in 480i as well.

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
got a component cable a few days ago and it looks much better than composite, but it doesnt fill my LCD screen, except for the menu and movies

havent tried emus yet, but everything else looks fine, including PSX games

oh, and I didnt have to upgrade pops

EDIT: play a lil Capcom Aliens vs Predator with FBA...awesomeness!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.