Hacking TV no Tomo Channel G Guide Revival?

PaperTwinkies

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of a revival to the pretty forgotten japan exclusive channel
TV no Tomo Channel G Guide

You maybe asking yourself: "How the hell are you going to manage doing this"
and my answer is I have no idea.
if you look on the Riiconnect24 Status for channels the TV no Tomo Channel G Guide is the only one that is red..
So that means if this project is possible then we can complete the saga of reviving channels!
So that means people can finally relive their childhood if they wanted to with almost all functionality still present!

But we need a name for this project..
I'm letting you decide!
but if I had to make one then it would be WiiTomo!

So go figure out a name or something lol
So we can complete Wii Things lol

Tweaker_Modding

Siezure Dice™
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
theres WiiLink24 a companion team to RiiConnect24 who are working on reviving the japanese wii channels

their revival for Wii No Ma released recently in public beta

but even then with how this channel is it may not even be possible to revive

Last edited by Tweaker_Modding,

Colin902

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Should we make it happen? we could start a discord and maybe see what goes on from there.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i got a discord setup If we want to do annything.

Should we make it happen? we could start a discord and maybe see what goes on from there.

i got a discord setup If we want to do annything.
DM me Colin#9804

WoomyLuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
All I can say is that WiiLink24 has the intention to bring it back as well, but it's going to be very hard if even possible. Guess we have to be patient :P

WoomyLuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well, that thread is pretty old. Nobody expected the team to actually get Wii no Ma working a few months ago, yet here we are.

PaperTwinkies

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah it might be able to. I saw someone wanting someone to get into G guide to hear the good music of the channel

I also wonder: "Who is Deleted User?"

LumaWiiFit

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hey, this is Luma on a new account. The WiiLink24 blog has a new entry, and TV no Tomo is indeed being worked on:

TV no Tomo is admittedly a difficult channel to develop, but one we fully are committed to reviving. It requires WiiConnect24, which as of writing is not implemented in Dolphin. This won't stop us, however!

As analogue TV is practically non-existent across most of the world, it will be difficult to use its functionality properly. We intend to insert dummy data for scheduling, or potentially source local scheduling for major cities around the world. As development continues, we will continue to provide details as to what is going on within this channel.

PaperTwinkies

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, this is Luma on a new account. The WiiLink24 blog has a new entry, and TV no Tomo is indeed being worked on:

TV no Tomo is admittedly a difficult channel to develop, but one we fully are committed to reviving. It requires WiiConnect24, which as of writing is not implemented in Dolphin. This won't stop us, however!

As analogue TV is practically non-existent across most of the world, it will be difficult to use its functionality properly. We intend to insert dummy data for scheduling, or potentially source local scheduling for major cities around the world. As development continues, we will continue to provide details as to what is going on within this channel.
ohhh ok..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)