• Start date
  • Views 2,410
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted User

OP
TV Anime - Fairy Tail Gekitou! Madoushi Kessen Files:
I need all files inside the rom, all the images text codes EVERYTHING

when your done can you please post what you used?

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you plan on translating the game? You can't translate the game with just the files and you need to repack everything back into the rom. You need the right tools and if you're asking for someone to give you the files, I don't think you know what you need
frown.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you can't figure out how to unpack the ROM (given that a simple google search for 'NDS ROM Unpacker' would tell you what you need), then the likelihood of you being able to do the ROM Hacking needed to get a translation done is non existent.

There's even a topic I answered an almost identical question in the sub-results for GBATemp:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=197590
twiztidsinz said:
DSBuff v1.0 Final

DSBuff v0.5

DSLazy v0.6

I kind of prefer DSBuff v0.5 to DSBuff v1.0, but I currently use v1.0 because I think that it is better and faster once you get familiar with it.
I use DSBuff v1.0 exclusively now.

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
..Yeah, what phoenixgoddess said.

If you don't even know how to unpack a game yet, thats not a great start.

AFTER you unpack the files from the rom, you need to figure out:

1) which files contain the text (shouldnt be too hard)
2) use a hex-editor to edit parts of the text OR somehow make a translation tool

Its not just like you can edit it in notepad and change stuff easily... unfortunately..

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I think I may have to make a "Basics of rom hacking" thread. I get PMs all the time of people asking me how v_v

Might as well instead of repeatedly answering the same thing.
Other rom hackers can post and I'll put it in the guide.
Even though FAST already made a rom hacking guide(which is best to follow in my opinion), people just skip over it -_-

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Even though FAST already made a rom hacking guide(which is best to follow in my opinion), people just skip over it -_-
Because people take a look at his guide and can't understand what he's talking about.
Nothing against FAST there, they just think that if they ask in a new thread and don't bother searching that they'll get a "For Dummies" version which makes it so simple.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Because people take a look at his guide and can't understand what he's talking about.
Nothing against FAST there, they just think that if they ask in a new thread and don't bother searching that they'll get a "For Dummies" version which makes it so simple.

I agree with you, but even the ones that ask me don't look at the guide.
The help I pm back to them, are things FAST taught me, his guides as well as others, so me writing up a guide will basically be the same thing, but less wordy, my internet resets too much for me to write something so long.

There is no such thing as "For Dummies" when it comes to romhacking, people can't seem to get that though. It takes a while to learn, a long while and you have to DIY as you go.
If you can't get the hexadecimals down or the Japanese, I don't think romhacking is right for that person.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte